Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did I fail NCLEX for the 2nd time?

Unhappy Did I fail NCLEX for the 2nd time?

The first time I took NCLEX-PN I had all 205 questions and failed it. The second time was 2 days ago and it stopped at 109. I felt really confident when I walked out even though I know it is only a rumor about shutting off early. In Virginia, you can find out in 24-72 hours over the internet by an 'unofficial license look-up'. Any ways of calming my nerves?

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Did I fail NCLEX for the 2nd time?

when i took boards mine shut off ater 112 ?'s, and I passed.

Xanax and a glass of wine might help with the nerves...........:luck:

I felt like tearing my eyes out after the 2nd time I took the NCLEX. It has shut off after 75 questions and here I was thinking "No way could I have passed in that little questions." Ask yourself, "did I do anything different the 2nd time around?" I had to really buckle down and study the 2nd time, and so felt more ready than I did the first time.

Also, did the questions get harder or easier for you? I was left wondering half the time "What the heck is that supposed to be?" as the test progressed. The test getting harder is the computer realizing you function at a higher level than the "basic". My 1st test was mainly medication questions. My 2nd test (which I passed) was always going up a level each question, and was all delegation questions.

Good luck and I hope you passed. The NClex really is one of the worst tests you'll ever have to take, but once you pass, its a huge weight off your shoulders.

Member Extraordinaire

soooo...... how did you do???? give us an update!

I there, I took the NCLEX, October of last year. Mine stopped at 75, and I failed. It was agonizing for me to wait for the results, knowing that California doesn't have quick results service. "Sigh", I must have missed somethings during my study in reviewin, im trying to get the habit back, though its a little hard working and reviewing at the same time... I think im gonna stop for awhile to concentrate on my review for the NCLEX, what ya think? Coz, im guessing that could have been a great factor that affected my first take. Nweis, I hope it'll work out alright this time. Take care, Ya' all!

Quote Originally Posted by nurselupin View Post
    I there, I took the NCLEX, October of last year. Mine stopped at 75, and I failed. It was agonizing for me to wait for the results, knowing that California doesn't have quick results service. "Sigh", I must have missed somethings during my study in reviewin, im trying to get the habit back, though its a little hard working and reviewing at the same time... I think im gonna stop for awhile to concentrate on my review for the NCLEX, what ya think? Coz, im guessing that could have been a great factor that affected my first take. Nweis, I hope it'll work out alright this time. Take care, Ya' all!
    My 1st time I failed at 75 as well. Then I really buckled down and studied. I took time off to do this as well, and ended up passing in 90 days with 75 questions. It IS doable, so good luck. Sometimes there really are no other ways to get around it but to just study study study. I don't know if it'll help or not, but the book I used is the princeton review Nclex RN. It helped me more than the Kaplan review did. I really needed a basic understanding of all the systems and this book did it for me, system by system.

I didn't cram the night before, and instead relaxed. It didn't make it any easier for me, though, as I was worried the entire time I took the NClex. I guess its good to be worried though. I found that when I left the place the 1st time, I was okay with the test, and the confidence sometimes is a sign that you didn't pass, since the questions are easier. The 2nd time, I was ready to break down and cry, lol.

I hope you passed! I took mine 7 yrs ago, but I remember it like it was yesterday. For me the computer shut off after 75 questions and I thought "Well, I either just really passed or really failed this thing." I had no idea because my mind was spinning from it all.
    Michelle RN-BSN, CSW
    ER - 1 year
    Peds - 8 years
    PACU - just starting

Smile Re: Did I fail NCLEX for the 2nd time?

Quote Originally Posted by RNinVT View Post
    My 1st time I failed at 75 as well. Then I really buckled down and studied. I took time off to do this as well, and ended up passing in 90 days with 75 questions. It IS doable, so good luck. Sometimes there really are no other ways to get around it but to just study study study. I don't know if it'll help or not, but the book I used is the princeton review Nclex RN. It helped me more than the Kaplan review did. I really needed a basic understanding of all the systems and this book did it for me, system by system.

I didn't cram the night before, and instead relaxed. It didn't make it any easier for me, though, as I was worried the entire time I took the NClex. I guess its good to be worried though. I found that when I left the place the 1st time, I was okay with the test, and the confidence sometimes is a sign that you didn't pass, since the questions are easier. The 2nd time, I was ready to break down and cry, lol.
    It seems I share the same feeling when I finished my first take on the NCLEX, as if it felt okay.. I failed.. I'd love to have that feeling the 2nd time, lol, some form of assurance. ^_^ Well, like they say - some things are sweeter the second time around. I'll stop work for the meantime time and study study study. Thanks I'll try and look for that book.. some of my friends are advising two use 2 book for review, and im not sure if thats the right way to go? wont it confuse me more? I am also considering an online review... could anyone please suggest? Thanks ^_^

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

For my LPN boards, I used a chisel and rock....or was that pencil and paper?! Seriously, it was the pencil/paper bit. EVERYone did it this way, and probably had the same test. BIG culture shock with the computer based one.

So, how DID the OP do, I wonder?

Lupin, try NCLEX3000 or whatever it is called now. Maybe that would be a help?

'Cat'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast