Thread: My moment of cerebral flatus

Red face My moment of cerebral flatus

Keep in mind, I'm a relatively new nurse and this occured at the end of the day when my brain was a little fried...

Today I had a resident complain to me that she felt a little "shocky". I asked her what she meant and she said she was light headed and was having some pain. I went to her nurse and reported what I was told and expressed my confusion over what she was talking about... but didn't think too much of it. The nurse went and assessed her and came back stating the resident thinks she's just really tired and not feeling shocky afterall. To which I replied something like "what on Earth is feeling shocky?" This word had confused me from the start but she wasn't my resident so I hadn't dwelled on it. The nurse went on to explain some of the s/s of shock.

Then the lightbulb went on in my head... shock... and all this while I was thinking shocky as in electrical or maybe even static charges...lightning boltz or something... which is why I was so puzzled as to what this resident was refering to. Boy did I feel blonde after I put 2 and 2 together

That was my comic relief at the end of the day and I guess I learned something new... maybe next time I won't be as confused!!!

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: My moment of cerebral flatus

It must be too early for me.....took me a while to understand the Cerebral Flatus bit. Talk about my brain futzing out.

Glad the patient is ok.

'Cat'

Re: My moment of cerebral flatus

Cerebral flatus has me thrown for a minute too lol
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][U][B]Marie[/B][/U], RN in O.R, pursuing BSN, semester [U]?[/U] of [U]?[/U]:)[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B]Supposedly 8 out of 10 people suffer from hemorrhoids. Does that mean that the other 2 people [I]enjoy[/I] them???:confused:[/B][/FONT]
    [B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT][/B]
    [B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]My little peapod has arrived :).[/FONT][/B]