Thread: Just Starting Out!

Exclamation Just Starting Out!

Hey everyone! I am fixin to start school for my LPN on January 17th and I am super nervouse. I was training to be a combat medic when I was in the Army and now fixin to go to school and I am just really worried, I haven't been in school since I was 16 except for the Army...Any advice on how to over come this whole worrying myself to death thing?
    <3 Michelle Jane

Re: Just Starting Out!

Quote Originally Posted by Ch3lz_86 View Post
    Hey everyone! I am fixin to start school for my LPN on January 17th and I am super nervouse. I was training to be a combat medic when I was in the Army and now fixin to go to school and I am just really worried, I haven't been in school since I was 16 except for the Army...Any advice on how to over come this whole worrying myself to death thing?
    Welcome! May I suggest you use some of that AMEDD Combat Medic training to instill some confidence in yourself to alleviate some anxiety?

BTW, how long were you in the Army? Where PCS? Thanks for your military service!
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Hi Michelle, I take it you are from the south somewhere.(The first clue was "fixin") I went back to school at age 46 to get my RN. It is scary and intimidating but it IS do-able.I passed my boards at age 48 and am now taking a certificate course in nurse management.Good luck to you.You can do it!!!

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Hi, Michelle! Welcome to the site! Worrying is normal....trust us! Just remember that we are here as sounding boards when you need us.

'Cat'

Hi Michelle, my name is Michelle too! One of the best things you can do for yourself when you start school is get a good support system. Post here whenever you have questions or concerns because although I'm new here, there must be years of experience hanging around here just waiting to help you out. Also, buy an NCLEX study book soon after you start school and just keep doing questions from it all the way through. Then when you get done with school you'll feel confident that you'll pass your boards and Voila! You'll pass just fine.
    Michelle RN-BSN, CSW
    ER - 1 year
    Peds - 8 years
    PACU - just starting

I'm as nervous as you are too, I start my RN program next week 1-9-07. I'm looking forward to Nursing School very much, I know it will be tough but think about the rewards at the end. Failure is not an option
    elilly