OK-- in May I'll be out of nursing school with my associate's degree, and I can't figure out where I'll fit in the profession.
My situation is a bit unique: I've been a podiatrist for nearly 30 years. Figgered it was time to do a little work above the ankle for a change
So far, I'm loving nursing school and all the clinicals. It's looking at medicine from a whole other viewpoint.
What I really love is patient interactions, educating and counselling, and developing lasting relationships with patients. I still have some podiatry patients that were in my practice when I took it over in 1977!
What I'm NOT crazy about is floor nursing type stuff: changing IVs, doing meds, keeping track of I/Os (feh!) etc. Not that these things gross me out or anything: I just don't enjoy them that much.
So far, I've done time in Peds, Ob/gyn,psych (locked unit), and med/surg in neuro and cardio-pulm. Also visited MICU-- don't think I'd care much for treating all those unconscious patients! I love talking to my people.

I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Oh, since I closed my podiatry office and moved in with a group of other podiatrists I'm starting to enjoy my profession more and am considering doing that a couple of days per week, so I'm thinking of some nursing field where I can work part time. Thanks. E-mail would be appreciated too. Paul