Thread: new student

Anonymous

new student

Hello...I'm a new nursing student and I'm being bogged down with so much information at once, which is fine, but I'm just not sure the best way to go about studying...Does anyone have any advice. I've always done well in my classes and I just want make sure I continue to...

Re: new student

Hi,
    Don't feel bad. I'm in my second term of an RN program and the first term was much worse because everything was so new to me. Don't stress out too much. It WILL become familiar to you sooner than you think. I think just about everyone feels like a fish out of water at first. As far as the studying goes, I think everyone just kind has to experiment to see what works for them. For me, I spend minimal time reading (first sentence of every paragraph and more if I need clarification) but I write down about every word I hear in lecture. Figure out what kind of learner you are (audio, visual, hands on, etc.) and capitalize on it. Good luck with everything and try not to get too down. It will get better. Just ask anyone who has finished the first term!