Thread: Nursing Questions

Nursing Questions

Greetings!

I am a student at the University of Central Florida studying Health Services Administration. A paper that I am writing calls for an interview with either a K-12 School Nurse (RN) or a public health nurse working for a health department. I would truly appreciate and be obliged if any of you could help me by answering the following, basic questions:

1. Why is community health important?
    2. What role do you think your organization plays in keeping the community healthy?
    3. What is your individual role in community health?
    4. What would a typical day be like for you?
    5. What do you see as the most important issue facing communities today with regard to overall health?
    6. What would your role be in the event of a biological terrorist attack?
    7. What are some of the obstacles you have found that inhibit your ability to efficiently deliver healthcare? Do you have any solutions?
    8. What is the most important legislation/policy that improves community health? Why?
    9. What can be done to increase health education in rural communities?
    10. What new steps could the educational community take to improve the understanding of health concepts among children?

The more detailed your answers, the better understanding I will have of the roles you play in your respective positions. I really appreciate any help and insight you all can offer and I know that your contribution will render an informed report on the various nursing issues listed above.

Much Obliged,
    Sagar Patel

sagarohm@gmail.com

Re: Nursing Questions

Sagar -
    Personally, I take offense at your laziness! You're wasting our time online with your homework assignment -- just get off your duff and contact your local health department (that would be Orlando, Fl.--yes?) at:

Claudine Langford, RN, BSN, MPH
    Exec. Community Health Nursing Director
    Mailing: same as physical address
    Physical: 832 West Central Boulevard
    Orlando, FL 32802
    Wk: (407) 836-2547 – SC: 356-2547
    Fax: (407) 836-2699 – SC: 356-2699

or the school health initiative in Florida:

Coordinated School Health Resource Center
    Florida Department of Education
    325 W. Gaines Street, Room 554
    Tallahassee, FL 32399-0400
    Phone: 850-245-0480
    SunCom: 205-0480
    Fax: 850-245-5116
    SunCom: Fax 205-5116
    Eileen.Smith@fldoe.org

Instead of expecting practicing nurses throughout the country to do your homework for you! And, you'll get responses that are Florida specific rather than specific to the parts of the county where we are each located.

Pick up the phone -- interview a nurse -- do your assignment!! By the way, finding these numbers took me exactly 8 minutes!

--p

Re: Nursing Questions

I apologize that I do not understand your anger, p.

What is the harm in requesting a diversity of answers among a pool of nurses from across the country? My post did not delineate that I was searching for Florida-specific responses and neither did the assignment. I must note that I was truly surprised to see such a rude reply to my thread which I wrote as amicably as possible.

In all of my classes so far, the material has specified that health services need to actively engage the efficient technologies available to us in order to produce stellar results. I am sure that writing your post probably would have taken the same amount of time as answering my questions - 8 minutes.

"Wasting" your time is an inherent quality of this assignment and I apologize that I did not choose to forgo completing this assignment in order to save your time. It is really unfortunate that I have been met with your unkind response because it shows a lack of committment to furthering the development of future healthcare workers.

Furthermore, in completing this assignment, I interviewed nurses both online and via phone from Chicago, Boston, and Tampa. You do not know the activities, jobs, and classes that I am involved with and, therefore, your claim that I am lazy is baseless. Personally, I take offense to your brash judgements about my "duff" and lack of help to an aspiring student.

To all of you who were kind enough to help me with this assignment, I thank you.

-s