Thread: help with tests

help with tests

Hi, I am new. I just found this web site. I am also a new nursing student. I am having problems with my tests. Is there anyone who can give me some advice on passing tests. Or some books that might help me study. I feel that I need some practice with the type of questions that are on the test. Any help would be gladly appreciated. I have an upcoming test on Nursing process, Health ass., theory, and oxygenation and I really need some hints on how to study for this.

Hello! I work for MEDS Publishing. We are a premier provider of cutting-edge educational resources for nursing students. Our products include online series, software, DVDs, video tapes, CD's and audio tapes, books, workshops and live reviews. Our exclusive learning methodology is designed to teach students to build and use critical thinking and problem solving skills to succeed on the NCLEX as well as everyday tests/situations. Please visit our site, Medspub.com for more information. Best of Luck!

Re: help with tests

I think there are two important points that you need to know in order to do well on tests. First is memorization of the information -- you need to know the facts, the disease, etc. Second, you need to understand why -- comprehension. You won't remember the facts for very long if you don't understand the reasoning behind it. There is a lot of memorization in studying for nursing tests but I would look at pictures and try to make associations when studying for a test rather than just simply memorizing. That way you will remember longer. Also make sure you always ask questions in class if certain concepts are not clear -- ask your teachers and ask other students. When more than one person explains something to you, you have better chances of understanding and remembering.