Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New traveler trying not to get screwed.

New traveler trying not to get screwed.

Help, I am presently on my first assignment and I guess I should say my 2nd as I renewed here. I am with NursesRX but I am wanting to investigate other travel agencies. Is that a web site that gives you the good and bad on all agencies? Any advise from current travelers? I am presently having to pay 195.00 for private housing and noted there are agencies that do pay for pvt. housing. I want to stay close to home for the winter (NE Mississippi). I am checking out several agencies at present but what some say and what you get is 2 different things. Any advice? Thanks for any help.

Anonymous

Re: New traveler trying not to get screwed.

Well you're in luck because if you scroll down the Main Index you will find a thread where companies have been rated by others..Hopefully, people were honest and that some recruiter doesn't sneak in there..

Remember what you want in a company and what others want can be very different..You SHOULD NOT be paying for private housing and NOT paying for it SHOULD NOT affect YOUR bottom line. I have been traveling for over two years. I've traveled from CT, NV, CALI, NC, RI, and now home to Maine and have NEVER paid for private housing and never made less than $35 even here in Maine and in NC..

I have a little saying about assingnments that don't pay that.. "Let em sit".. And I tell the whiney company.."How much are you gonna make if I don't take the contract?"

You are the paycheck in this situation for yourself and your company. They don't make money unless you are working FOR THEM...Find someone else quick...

JMHO

WR,,, three commas for Becca

Ain't NO ONE happy if the nurse ain't happy...

Thanks for the info. I am working on it. Maybe I can find something. So far, either the agency I like does not have anything close to where I would like to be or they are so pushy it really scares me away. I did find one agency with it all but not the pay and really very flighty with info. Oh, well, thanks again. This will be a big help.

Hello, I work for Trustaff, we are a smaller company that tries its best to help our travellers in any way we can. I understand that pushy recruiters are a turn off. You can call us anytime if you just want to find out what oppurtunities we have available. From what nurses have told me the way to get what you want is to shop around. So feel free to check us out with no pressure.
    good luck on your search.
    Steve Schlegel
    trustaff, Inc.
    steve@trustaff.com
    1-877-880-0346 ext 6618

Anonymous

Re: New traveler trying not to get screwed. *DELETED*

Post deleted by shortbus

hey WanderingRN, I am apparently not familiar with you, I'm sorry. If you would email me I will definitely have someone speak with you. It seems that you know us so please let me know so I can find out who it was that didn't get back to you and why. Sorry for any past discretion but get in touch with me so that I might remedy the situation.We have some really good positions available right now, so please call and I can set you up with another recruiter, I know many people liked Jenny but we definitely have other great recruiters who will help you any way that they can.
    Thanks, I hope I can help,
    Steve Schlegel
    trustaff, Inc.
    steve@trustaff.com
    877-880-0346 ext. 6618

Anonymous

Ya know I am old and I don't play anymore.. Your company got rid of Jenny Hellman that was your first mistake..And then you leave me waiting for a phone call.. I don't think so... Once is a mistake the second time is on purpose.. I have no intentions of calling you.. You list pay rates without any bennies and when all those are paid your rates stink to be very honest.. I have a company that you can't compete with..

Try honesty.. Try getting it right the first time.. Cuz there are no second chances in life...

Plus I don't private message anyone on this site.. If you have something to say to me you can say it right here.. In public.

Jenny was one of a kind.. Some people really are irreplacable...And losing them hurts....

WanderingRN, I understand that you liked Jenny. I also understand that someone in the office didn't get back to you. But one thing you have to realize is that I have never been untruthful or misleading in my posts. If I post a pay scale I say if it is the all inclusive pay rate or the tax advantage pay rate. I can't understand why you would think we would mislead nurses. How in the world would we keep our nurses. There are no secrets here. If you or anyone else wants information on the pay plans or our company please contact us, via phone, web, fax, or by posting here. I apologize again that you have such a bitter feeling towards our company. I can again reassure you that if you contact me I will have a recruiter speak with you, and they will call you back everytime. The topic of Jenny is unfortunate, but I don't think you know the situation completely, so judging our company on that situation would be unfortunate.
    I hope we can clear this up,
    Steve Schlegel
    Trustaff, Inc.
    877-880-0346-toll-free
    www.trustaff.com
    steve@trustaff.com

Anonymous

Let me tell you something about Jenny.. I worked for her. She proved herself. That's enough for me..

You proved yourself too.. The problem was it wasn't a positive experience.

And you can use all the goobley gook fancy phrases you want. And you can make it easy.. I bet you get more nurses if you do the later..

And if you have all those nurses why are you hustling here?

I don't see how I am here hustling? You have to understand one thing. I was not here when Jenny was. She could have been the greatest recruiter this world has ever seen and I wouldn't argue. I just don't think a business that has been around for eighteen years would drop someone out of the blue. There was probably reasons that neither you nor I could intelligently claim to know for her leaving. I AM NOT A RECRUITER. I just let nurses know about jobs that my company has available if it matches what they want. My posts are not meant to be decieving or wordy.I am an English major in college, so if I seem to be talking around something I apologize. I just wanted my posts to look like other companies that I have seen post messages. We aren't trying to do anything underhanded. Your concerns about the Tax Advantage Plan are the same concerns that every nurse should have. I don't understand why this makes you attack our company, we also offer the all -inclusive pay plan, on which we offer FREE private and fully furnished housing, dental, health, vision, 401(k), and offer the nurse a lower pay rate, but one that is very competitive. Why would we want to hurt our nurses come tax time? We understand that the Tax Advantage plan is not for everyone. I hope this will help, I hope you have a good weekend.
    Steve Schlegel
    Trustaff, Inc.
    877-880-0346-toll free
    www.trustaff.com
    steve@trustaff.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast