Thread: Help!

Help!

I am a biology major who was heading towards medical school but I have now decided to pursue a B.S.N.
    I realize that there a more opportunities that interest me in nursing and that becomming a doctor was more of a dream that my parents had. The trouble however, is that my entire family is furious with this decision and thinks that I am making a huge mistake and that of course I will realize after a year, that I want to go back and become a doctor. Does anybody have any advice? Am I nuts for putting aside medical school for nursing? Any advice or oppinions are greatly appreciated!

Anonymous

Re: Help!

IMHO you are making a good decision..Of course I could be biased..LOLLL

You need to do what you want to make yourself happy. Are you responsible for any of your family memebers, financially?? If not you owe them nothing.

Medicine is becoming expensive to pursue and even to continue with when you finish school.. Many MD's come out of med school with thousands of $$$ in loans etc.

Many MD's are not practicing solely anymore because it's so expensive to set up a practice etc.

The hours and nightly calls are the pitts IMHO ..Of course you could be a podiatrist...LOLL

Do what makes you happy.. Also, remember many nurses have gone to medical school...Maybe nursing will be a stepping stone for you..Entry level so to speak.. Get your feet wet..

Good luck.. Do what makes you happy .. You will never regret that.

WR,,, three commas for Becca

A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and sings it back to you when you have forgotten how it goes.