Thread: just mad as heck

just mad as heck

i just started working at a ltc facility as a lpn.well heres the thing.i have tried to find a local job closer to home and could not find one.so i have to travel over thirty miles.wellhers the good part.i suppose to be fulltime,but no the don,puts me on schedule for 6pm-10 pm three nights a week.then one 12 hour shift.i told her i want weekends. she got pissed.i am just going to quit.the pay is all my gas traveling such a long way.i need a stable job.i am planning on moving.well my husband is being a butthead. he is only worried about his low paying,no advancement job.and he cares less abut me.i am just about to be homeless with three kids.i just needed to vent because everyone is taking advantage of me.

Re: just mad as heck

Lynnbee I hope that things have gotten better for you. Please let us know how you are doing now

You are going to make it wether it be with him or without him but your going to make it.

WE NURSES ARE SITTING DUCKS YOU KNOW. I HAVE BEEN THERE--BOY HAVE I EVER!! I'M NOT THERE ANYMORE, HOWEVER. HANG IN THERE, GET HELP, BUT DON'T WASTE MOST OF YOUR ADULT LIFE AS I DID...HOWEVER, BETTER LATE THAN NEVER!!
    LIFE IS GOOD!

We are only sitting ducks because we allow our selves to be that way. There is very little solidarity in nursing. We have power as a group, the problem is we do not work well as a group alot of times.

Member Extraordinaire

Our unit sec said she wasn't coming the the x-mas party on Tues when asked why she said ok I'll say it there are a bunch of backstabbing bitches around here. Which is true also a few that will say it to your face too....lucky me I get along with all of them but when the bickering starts it goes on and on and it starts more often when we're busy over who's doing more and who's doing whose job...my theory everyone just do it and get it done.
    I drive 30 minutes one way to work too I've always thought of it as a cool down time before getting home or a rev up time before getting to work but I don't usually take 4 or even 8 hour shifts unless it's just nobody else to cover and I'm in the right frame of mind to do it.

Lynbee, Good luck.I left with 6 kids-ages 5monts to 16 years-on a bus with 6 suitcases.That was 14 years ago.Raised 6 kids by myselfnursing part time and full time when I could get it.Worst time was when I had to travel 2and 1/2hrs to and from work. Only lasted at that place for a few months.But the important thing was that through it all the children and I were happier.Cheers ,and remember nurses are resilient.Knockandhello

Wow, leaving with six kids in tow, that takes a lot of guts. More power to you for having done it and gotten through it.

Whenever I think about the things going wrong in my life, I can always remind myself of others who have it much, much worse.

Suddenly, my issues don't see that bad.

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.nursinga2z.com