Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: fingerprints to drive? what's your take?

fingerprints to drive? what\'s your take?

So, in order for me to get a new drivers license, I have to give my fingerprints.

I'm not too happy about this. I DO NOT think that the government should be able to require this when I haven't committed a crime. It's none of their damn business what my finger prints are.

Sure, you're going to say, "well, if you aren't going to break the law, then don't worry about it".

Well, that is not the point.

The point is, slowly but surely, I'm losing my freedoms.

What about when/if the democrats win the election in novmeber and start passing anti gun legislation? Eventually, it gets to NO GUNS, and then I AM breaking the law.

I still believe that we the people should have the ABILITY to overthrow our own goverment, as was intended by the founders, if we are not happy with the way they are doing things.

This keeps them in check, and keeps them from having absolute power.

No, I'm not a whacko, or a member of the NRA or anything like that. BUT, how else could you do this wihout being armed?

Today, you can't protest against the President when he appears in public. Did you know that? Oh sure, you CAN, just not in the same "location" where he is at. They will find you a nice little spot away from everything/everyone.

Anyway, I'm getting way off base here, but my point is a little here and a little there and the next thing you know we are in freaking Russia.

Personally, I don't want to turn this into a Rep. vs. Dem. issue, as they both have their issues.

Republicans push the Patriot Act, dems want my guns....etc.

Think of this.

Let's say the government passes a law that says it is illegal to drink Coca Cola. Now, you and I realize that there is absolutely nothing wrong with drinking coke, and we will continue to do so....

Well, guess what, the goverment declares Coke drinkers a threat to our country. We "could" be terrorists. My "might" strike up a plot to change things, even using force.

Well, according to the Patriot Act, they could tap your phones. You have OnStar? Then they know where you are. Tehy can even hear your conversations in teh car. Buying something? You'd better scan that barcode on the back of your drivers license. That way we'll know where you've been and what you've been buying. We wouldn't do this, but you're a coke drinker. Ah Ha, you bought sugar at the store! That's a key ingredient in cake mixes! So now we are going to hold you without legal representation because you are suspected of being a terrorist!

See what I mean? A mountain out of a mole hill, BUT, that mountain has to start out small doesn't it? Mountains weren't just mountains overnight were they? In fact, they probably started out the size of a mole hill.

Hey, that brings up something interesting. What the heck kind of a phrase is that anyway? A mountain out of a mole hill? I mean, that's like saying you're making an ice sickle out of a rain drop. Or a snowball out of snow.

Doesn't make sense to me...

Sorry for the rant all. I'm not crazy, just leery of our wonderful government sometimes.

Oh yeah, what happened to what the people want? Nowadays it's, "who cares about the people, VIVA LA PARTY" politics.

Member Extraordinaire

Re: fingerprints to drive? what\'s your take?

I agree with you why do they need finger prints? Non of the politicians are in it for the common man. I don't think any of them know what they are doing and make it up as they go along. Who are the protecting? You think the criminal element will go get their liscense or just drive without one???? maybe in a stolen car. Same with take away the guns then who has them??? criminals. Tax laws who pay? The common person who skips out?? criminals and big wigs with lots of money who hide it elsewhere...you're on the right band wagon.

Aaron you said, "I still believe that we the people should have the ABILITY to overthrow our own goverment, as was intended by the founders, if we are not happy with the way they are doing things. This keeps them in check, and keeps them from having absolute power. No, I'm not a whacko, or a member of the NRA or anything like that. BUT, how else could you do this wihout being armed?."..

If you want to change the government you need to excercise your power through your vote, or organize a campaign and have members of your party run for elected office and initiate change THAT way.

I realize you're hot and bothered about having to be fingerprinted in order to have a driver's license now, but when you speak of advocating violence to change the government you sound like Timothy McVeigh and the like.

Thank God we live in a republic with a constitution that gives us peaceful means of redressing perceived wrongs and not some third world country that suffers coups and armed takeovers every so often.

By the way.. advocating violent overthrow of the US Government is against the law. June 29. 1940: The Smith Act allows the US government to prosecute anyone suspected of advocating violent overthrow of the government.

Sara Sara Sara.....

[ QUOTE ]
    If you want to change the government you need to excercise your power through your vote, or organize a campaign and have members of your party run for elected office and initiate change THAT way.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, that will work...NOT.

[ QUOTE ]
    I realize you're hot and bothered about having to be fingerprinted in order to have a driver's license now, but when you speak of advocating violence to change the government you sound like Timothy McVeigh and the like.

[/ QUOTE ]

ABSOLUTELY NOT, AND AS AN OKLAHOMAN WHO WITNESSED FIRST HAND HIS DESTRUCTION I TAKE GREAT OFFENSE TO THAT COMMENT!

That is not even remotely close to what I am advocating.

I am some kind of "militia" person just because I don't want to go along with everything MY governement says I should....BAAAAAAAA

Ah hell, I'm done responding. I can't believe you compared me to Timothy McVeigh....

What's wrong with finger prints? You let them take your picture for the license. Prints are just another form of I.D..
    I don't think that prints, retina I.D. is a invasion of privacy. This stuff needs to be in the data base to catch bad people who want to hurt others. And I don't think they want our guns. They only want guns in the rite hands. Our government is not Canada, where they registered all weapons then collected them. I do have a permit to carry a concealed weapon. They only want to know what type of weapon you qualified on, not the serial number or module. The state once did but they took it off the requirements.

I just want to know. I have 22 years military in my background (Never was a nurse in the military). Much of it in the Marine Corps. I have been ready to put my life on the line and die for my Country. I just don't understand.
    HOW IS FINGER PRINTING TAKING AWAY YOUR RIGHTS. NAME ONE FREEDOM IT HAS TAKEN AWAY, AND HOW IT CHANGED YOUR LIFE.

Aaron it just disturbs me when anyone advocates violent overthrow of our government. Hey, I'm still a commissioned officer under oath to protect and defend this constitution after all.... against enemies foreign and domestic... so... someone proposing taking over the country by force is on the wrong side of my normally sunny disposition shall we say. In your case I'm reasonably sure you don't really mean it...

and like epi said, what's wrong with your prints on file so your driver's license and you actually can be matched up eh? Heck, a lot of us in government service have our prints on file, our panographic dental records and our DNA... it doesn't worry me so why should you feel worried about prints?

Member Extraordinaire

I don't think finger prints is taking anything from me but what I don't see is where it's gong to help catch any "bad Guys" as those bad guys just will drive with no liscense. The difference in having prints for a job or security clearance is you choose to have a job that might require prints or clearance (yes have them both) but then I guess it can also be said you choose to drive.

Anonymous

Cassioo I think the poster meant that fingerprinting would catch someone who is already a bad guy. Like a felon who has escaped from prison etc. Yes people could drive without a license but some idiots ( and they are if they have committed a crime and choose to get fingerprinted) would apply and bam they are caught. If a crime is committed and fingerprints are found at the scene and not it a data base then maybe this would be a way to catch them.. Of course, how often do we have to be fingerprinted?? Every time our license is renewed or just once in a lifetime?? So all you teenagers: BE GOOD.. HMMMMMMMM

Sorry a small amount of humor..
    And what about all those travel nurses who have "washed off" their fingerprints? Will they have to buy bicycles?

WR,,, three commas for Becca

The name's changed but I will always be WindingRoad

A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and sings it back to you when you have forgotten how it goes.

Banks are starting to use a thumb print system. I wish the day would come where a thumb print would be used for credit card sales, check cashing. we have the tec. at this time. Just need to make it cheaper for consumer use. Identity theft would be harder.

The thumb print is not meant to interfere with your life, it is here to help you. It is your thumb print. STAND up and hold it up proudly and display your thumb.(please note, there is a little satire in what I am saying.)

Anonymous

Where'd ya get the icon...Too cute..

WR,,, three commas for Becca

The name's changed but I will always be WindingRoad

P.S. If you are on this site or any other you are already being "followed" ...Aaron,,,,,,,

A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and sings it back to you when you have forgotten how it goes.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast