Thread: RV Traveling nurses any one out there doing that?

RV Traveling nurses any one out there doing that?

I hope to rent the house and go on the road full time in Dec 2004. Have 20+ years experience past 14 in ED. I'm an old gal but still have a few good years left.So far I have been blessed with good health. Husband and I want to start now while we can enjoy, but I need to work about six more years. Thought Traveling would allow us to do both.Would like to do the southern states like AZ in the winter and AK in the summer.Anyone with experience with travel company HEALTH CARE SEEKER? What about Indian Health care? Any advice would be appreciated. Have RV will travel!!

Anonymous

Re: RV Traveling nurses any one out there doing that?

Please don't rent your house. In the long run it might cost you more money than you would get out of it..

#1 by renting you are losing your deductable travel expenses.
    #2 if you needed to come home for some reason, God forbid, where would you staty.. If your RV were non functional I mean.

WR,,, three commas for Becca

#3 Who is gonna manage your property while you are away. Broken pipes, leaking roof, etc.. Even if the house is fairly new things happen.. Are you gonna leave all your funiture in the house or store it?? Those storage units are smaller than you think..

Just some thoughts on my part.

Hi there!
    I think taking off in your RV to do travel nursing is a great idea. Renting out the house may not be such a good idea. You can encounter a lot of problems. However, travel nursing is great fun and a great way to see the country. The Indian Health Services in Arizona use a lot of travel nurses. Look for an agency who is contracted with them and you will probably get a better deal. There are always ER positions out there. Good luck!!

Please check with a tax expert before you rent your house, thus loosing your tax free housing or stipend.You need it as a "tax home", otherwise your tax burden may be a surprise and a very high price at tax time. Also you can never predict what will come. You may need to return home. A word of caution, have a financial cushion, contracts get cancelled, travel companies will bill you for housing and other incidentals,and injuries occur causing your unemployment. Good Luck traveling is a ball. Jeanie

That sounds like a good idea. The company I work for pays for housing, but if you would take your RV it may mean more money for you. Check them out www.nursecorps.us

Hey Granny, sounds exciting hitting the road. You don't have to worry about renting your house and losing your tax-free allowance because it's just that: tax free and not a component on your EOY filing. I've verified this with my tax accountant just yesterday since I'm considering some local travel. The only party that has to be concerned about these allowances is your travel company which does have to claim it. Good Luck and happy travels.