Thread: Hi I am from GA

Smile Hi I am from GA

hello friends, I am new here. I haven't started my career in Nursing yet but to get started, I need more and more advice from you. what would be the best way to motivate myself in order to become a good nurse?
    I hope to get response from you.
    thanks
    Jalpa

Re: Hi I am from GA

Hi, I'm Simone, I decided to pursue nursing about a month ago. My first step is to get prepare for the entry exam for lpn. I will be taken the test in October and I am trying to hold it together. My advise to you is dont give up.

Hey Simone, thanks for your good advice. I was about to start ASN for 2 years. But just wondering about LPN. What's the difference between ASN and LPN? does it make alot difference in level of education?
    good luck for your LPN exam.
    thanks
    Jalpa

Hey Jalpa, what is ASN?. Lpn is License Practical Nurse and the next step above that is RN. The program for lpn can be 12 months at a Technical School or 2 years at a college. My plan is to go with a Technical School get my license has a lpn, and finish up at a college to get my RN. While working has a LPN. What are your plans?

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

ASN is Associate in Science nurse....2 year program. Also known as Associate Degree.

Hey Simone, my plan is first to finish 2 years in Associate of Science in Nursing in community college then start bachelor degree of science in nursing and i think it takes 4 years to finish BSN or RN. I guess that's not a big difference between BSN and RN. what do you think? and then I am upto start MSN...
    oops I am watching big big dreams. lol...
    But hey I like ur plans too. It will take you less time to get into RN than mine because it takes 2 years in ASN.
    thanks,
    Jalpa

Hey Jalpa, Whats is the salary difference between BSN and MSN?

Hey Simone, It's really upto what type of job do you get after finishing BSN. Let's say once you have finished your BSN, and you are skilled in medicine/surgery, your median salary would be around $58,109. and if you are skilled in Operating Room in hospitals, your annual salary would be around $65,123. Now once your have finished your MSN, and you get a job as a Nurse Practitioner, your median salary would be around $71,857. and if you get a job as a director of Nursing, your annual salary would be around $83,536.
    Jalpa