Thread: Help! Got 2 D's and have been kicked out!

Help! Got 2 D's and have been kicked out!

My girlfriend just got a second D (4/5 semesters in) in her nursing program, which is an auto boot from the program. We live in the panhandle of Florida and have contacted the local schools to see what they would accept as far as transferring credit hours. Seems no one accepts the actual nursing classes, just the prereqs. To make things worse the 2 close by schools she contacted won't admit her unless she has a letter of eligiility to get back into her original program, which she isn't eligible to do.

She is thinking of sitting for her lpn and then taking a lpn>rn course somewhere that would accept her..but....

Is there a better course of action here? Any tips/opinions?

Thanks for the help--not sure where I should have posted this

Red face Re: Help! Got 2 D's and have been kicked out!

I would advise her to take the LPN boards, then work as an LPN and apply to LPN to RN bridge programs. The other avenues would be to find a program that will accept her as is (not much chance of that), or start over from scratch. There are people who start over from scratch and never breathe a word about the previous unsuccessful attempts but you have to be aware of the consequences for getting caught doing this. Better chance if she stays away from anything to do with financial aid. Best bet is the LPN to RN bridge. Good luck.