Thread: Hi im New Here ... CNA qs's

Hi im New Here ... CNA qs's

hi, my names Jamie and im from PA. i recently got accepted into a retirement health care center in E-town. There paying for my CNA classes and im getting paid while i do the training which is great, and pay for my physical, TB test and drug test, couldnt ask for more!

a few qs's tho for CNA's is the training hard, and what do you usually do in the training when you do clinicals? do you work with the residents right away or what? someone help me out i need some info before my class starts, thank you

Jamie

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: Hi im New Here ... CNA qs's

a few qs's tho for CNA's is the training hard, and what do you usually do in the training when you do clinicals? do you work with the residents right away or what? someone help me out i need some info before my class starts, thank you
    Training isn't too bad; be prepared for lifting! Need I say good body mechanics?! CNA's do vitals, wash the patients, assist with dressing, feed/assist with feeding, toilet the residents..... You will literally be my 'eyes and ears' when you get on the floor. Anything that seems abnormal for a particular person should be reported to the nurse. Hopefully, you'll get a report on anything that's going on with your residents, but....I have had days where I can't always track an aid down due to stuff going on in the office.

'Cat'

Re: Hi im New Here ... CNA qs's

During training is always the best! I loved it. But be prepared to do A LOT of lifting. My first week I was training I was SOOOO sore it was unreal, but it was a lot of fun. The trainers usually dont leave you alone to do work by yourself without them there helping you. I suggest to take notes on the residents if those are the residents you are going to be working with.

Dont be afraid to ask questions either, although a lot of people do their skills a different way then they are taught in the class. So I suggest just go with the flow!