Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Signing Off

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Signing Off

After months of hoping this forum would find it's way back to meaningful discussions about nursing and issues that are of concern to nurses _ I can see that it just continues to devolve _ so this is it for me. I am so sorry to see this happen to yet another Nursing site that was truly helpful and information but is now nothing more than a collection of Bible VS and platitudes.

See Ya

Hppygr8ful

Peace and Namaste.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Yet another (!) Mod takes a hike? Doesn't surprise me at all. First Amanda, now Hppy. Then again, Andrew bugged out around the time the Original Owner wigged out. Cali? Well, she just walked away along with SoldierNurse.

All I can say is I know that the NEW owners HAVE been on lately, and am sure they have seen what all has been going on. Not really sure why there has been no communication on what they think. Obviously, that (in and of itself) IS a comment.

In the past, I have dedicated much time in posting articles, etc., and at NO time have I been compensated for my trouble....not even a THANK YOU (well, in the past 3 years). Talk about (non)gratitude.

Sorry to see you go, Hppy. We'll keep in touch. Guess we'll leave this site to the NON nursing owners.

I too am disappointed in this forum, it is just awful................. not much to do with nursing anymore... I would like to see the non-nursing posts go to another forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdog View Post
    I too am disappointed in this forum, it is just awful................. not much to do with nursing anymore... I would like to see the non-nursing posts go to another forum.
    Kdog, we all feel the same way. Unfortunately, the 'New Powers That Be' 1.) obviously don't care, and 2.) have basically demoted me, despite what all I have done in the past.

It comes as no surprise that there has been no comments from them whatsoever, as only one of them has been on in the recent past. If they truly cared about their investment (so to speak), why not speak up? And why not let nurses call most of the shots? (Yeah, bad joke there.....)

I give up.
    Last edited by cougarnurse; 12-28-2013 at 11:10 AM.

It's a shame.

Are there any other forums out there for nurses to connect?

yes. there are actually a lot. you can easily google it.

For what it's worth, cougar, I always appreciated your efforts here. There were also features of the site when it was geared more toward travel nursing and had a strong job board, that I liked, but those went away. Too bad interest died out.

Guess the new owners' interest died, too. C'est le vie. Keep in touch, Cali!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast