Thread: Questions about nursing

Smile Questions about nursing

Hi, I'm James and I am a high school student and i have been assigned to interview a healthcare professional. I really want to become a nurse (CCRN or ER nurse), and I decided to use this assignment to learn more about nursing, but I don't personally know any nurses and decided to ask here. I have a few quick questions. I also need your name (just a first name is fine), your nursing specialty, and years experience. Thanks a lot for your time!

1. What is the function/description of your discipline?
    2. What educational and professional credentials are required for the discipline?
    3. What kind of settings/environment do people in your field work in?
    4. What personality traits and/or characteristics must an individual have to be “cut-out” for this discipline?
    5. What drew you to this particular discipline?

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Quote Originally Posted by jatre View Post
    Hi, I'm James and I am a high school student and i have been assigned to interview a healthcare professional. I really want to become a nurse (CCRN or ER nurse), and I decided to use this assignment to learn more about nursing, but I don't personally know any nurses and decided to ask here. I have a few quick questions. I also need your name (just a first name is fine), your nursing specialty, and years experience. Thanks a lot for your time!

1. What is the function/description of your discipline?
    2. What educational and professional credentials are required for the discipline?
    3. What kind of settings/environment do people in your field work in?
    4. What personality traits and/or characteristics must an individual have to be “cut-out” for this discipline?
    5. What drew you to this particular discipline?
    Morning, James! Sorry your post was 'moderated' until ok'd. Hope I can briefly answer some of your questions.

I work Long Term Care/Home Health for the most part. Education and credentials can run from LPN to RN, with some RN's being certified in Geriatrics, Wound Care, etc. We can work in the home setting, caring for patients who have been discharged from the hospital, or in nursing homes. Senior Centers are also a possibility. Personality-wise? Well, remember that our Senior population may want to 'impart wisdom', and reminice. One can learn alot from them.

What drew me to this line of work? Our Senors are literally walking history books, and I have learned alot.

'Cat'