Thread: Hello from Sunny Scotland

Hello from Sunny Scotland

Hello

My name is Scott. I am a 28 year old nurse working in Scotland. I have been nursing for 9 years (including training). I have worked in GI medicine and currently in ITU.

Id love to be able to interact with nurses from around the globe. Sadly there doesn't seem to be any sort of live chat for nurse's to communicate in, at least none that caters for actual nurses instead of PVC fantasy ones.

Anyway I look forward to saying hello to people.

Scott.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Welcome to the site, Scott! Glad to have you with us.

Glad you mentioned the bit about live chat; perhaps we'll finally get a chat room going here! If I am not mistaken, you are at least 5-6 hours ahead of us here 'across the pond'.

FYI, there is a thread somewhere around here re: kilts/MUG's. Thought that would make you laugh a bit.....

Thanks for the welcome.

I am 5 - 6 hours ahead depending on where you are in the US. So don't be surprised if my replies come at weird times.

Il find and take a look at that post. Always nice to have a look at peoples impression of my homeland. lol.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    I figured the time from my pen pal in the Midlands of GB, so I wouldn't be surprised about when you post.

BTW, husband knows he's Scottish, but unable to deduce clan. So....he went McDonald.

Post Hello Scott!

Hello Scott,

I am a Canadian Nurse working and studying in sunny Florida. My family name is Monteith and originally from Scottland! I have been to Ieland but not Scottland yet! I would love to live and work there but I don't get a feeling that the pay is very well? Is that true? I will be graduating as a Doctor of Nursing Practice which allows me to work as a family nurse practitioner. Do they use nurse practitioners there and is the pay for practitioners reasonable? I'm jealous. Wish I was there working too! Cheers! Holly Cabell