Does anyone here remember when President Obama stood before the American People and stated this bald faced lie? Seniors all across the nation are being forced into Medicare/Medicaid HMO plans that do not accept their personal physicians. So these folks are not being forced to chang from doctors they have had for years and go to new doctor's often waiting several months for a first appointment.

This has actually happened to a friend of mine's mother who is 87 has heart disease, diabetes and now possible pancreatic cancer. Her primary care doctor who she was seeing for 15 years is not included in the choice of 3 count them 3 HMO plans offered to her. and get this it will be 2 to 3 months before she can see the oncologist. We all know pancreatic cancer requires immediate diagnosis, staging and treatment . If prompt Diagnosis is delayed as it is in almost all countries with socialized medicine the patient will usually die before any treatment begins which of course saves the Government money.

Another case in point is a consumer I care for who is disabled and on a very fixed income. She has multiple medical problems and over the weekend suffered a spontaneous dislocation of her right hip. When I started looking for otho's for follow-up most will not take her because even though she has Medi-care her Medicaid won't pay for the additional 20% that Medi-care doesn't cover so I get "We are so sorry but best of luck to your patient"

Again this makes healthcare more accessible and affordable????????

Let's just hope we don't get sick!!!!!

Peace and Namaste

Hppy