Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Here I go again......

Here I go again......

Finally received my enrollment packet from TPAPN. This will be my 2nd try,I voluntarily withdrew the first time. My focus was not good and I wasn't doing well. It was 3rd party referral the first time. This time it's board ordered, meaning it's not confidential. Anyone else here had to start over? I welcome all advice, experience, and suggestions. I am learning to let go of my ego and ask for help. So..........HELP! Kris

Hello.......anyone out there?

Hi Kris
    I don't know anything about tpan, but, seems like you have no choice at this point but to Do the program.
    So, I am here to listen the best I can..... Can you reach out to your family, support group, to help ?
    Do you have any job options even if it is not nursing?

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    Hi Sasto,

Once I finished I have kept my nose clean and stayed out of trouble. Almost relapsed in June when I was given massive amounts of pain killers after major abdominal surgery, but I held it together.

Don't loose faith in your Higher Power stay connected and work the program - the sobriety will take care of itself if you follow the steps.

TPAPN is the Texas Peer Assistance Program for Nurses. It's a program to help return nurses to safe practice. I am just full of fear and anticipation over the next 2 years to come. This has been a rough and wonderful journey for me. I got a new sponsor and have been going to meetings non stop since my relapse 18 months ago. Even though I have some staunch supporters in my local nursing community, I SEVERELY tarnished my professional reputation and find it quite daunting and overwhelming to return. I am just trying not to isolate and trying to reach out for as much support as I can get. Some people don't realize nurses are human, too and are just as susceptible to the pitfalls of life as other people. Anyway, learning to recognize my fears and talking about them is crucial for me. Just trying to share....Kris

Thanks Kris for the info.... you are on the right track in recovery! Can you apply to a medical practice, as an RN? It could be an opportunity.. Of course you would not be able to call in certain scripts to pharmacy... You may be surprized to find a Doctor in recovery, who , will be willing to hire you.... I'm encouraging you think out side the box for now.

I'm totally up for that, except I am an LVN. I worked for a doctor years ago, and really enjoyed it. Thanks for the idea. I get stuck in a rut about job possibilities sometimes. At heart though I am a geriatric nurse. I love my elderly folks. Not everyone does, and I have come to realize that it is a gift from God that I enjoy it so much. It doesn't even seem like work to me, just an honor to take care of everyone's grandparents, you know? Anyway, thanks!

Well, check out clinics and offices for starters.

So....I got a job offer...AND MY CASE MANAGER APPROVED IT!!!!! Still have to sit down and have pre job conference, but yeah, my God is awesome!!!!! Kris

Oh Kris,
    Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you........you deserve this break...... keep us posted on job..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast