Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Here I go again......

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    Hey Sasto,

Good luck I work with the MR population though it is now called the ID (Intellectualally disabled). I am in the ICF-DDH facilities so if you need pointers or insight into this population don't hesitate to ask

Hppy

Sounds good to me.... I worked in a MHMR facility years ago and really enjoyed it.

To be honest, I think my higher power led me to this job. I first heard about it months ago, but was reluctant due to the lower than average pay. So I kept trying to get a better paying job, and that's not a bad thing necessarily. But twice now I have "had" a job, only at the last minute to have my higher power step in and stop it. But this job quietly waited and was still here. So I think I get the hint. It's just outside any experience I've ever had, and that makes me nervous. The whole fear of the unknown thing. It's funny though, the first time I was on TPAPN, I applied here and my caseworker did not approve it because it would have been 2-10 shift without enough supervision. A few months after that, a friend of mine in the program got her LVN and needed a job that was ok with her board ordered stips, so I recommended this place. She worked there until a few months ago. She resigned to go back to school for her RN, and told the DON there that she knew a nurse on TPAPN that needed a job(me). This time it's M-F 7-3shift, and my caseworker approved. Isn't that amazing how that all came about? Anyway, need prayers and well wishes my friends....k

I think you may like it. give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by sasto View Post
    He was rather vague, but he mentioned"risk" and background checks as reasons he couldn't' t let me work there. I don't have a criminal record, not even a parking ticket. I suspect he heard something from a previous employer. Which is totally unethical, but I would rather not work with an admin that is close minded and uninformed. It makes me sad, but I am glad I had not started working there yet. That would have really been a blow.
    As far as the contract being breached, I agree. However, it all comes down to the sins of my past catching up to me. If I didn't want these consequences, I should have thought more about my actions. Besides, I'm just not an attorney kind of gal. Not my thing.
    Regards to last place of employment, they can only be asked if previous employee is eligible for rehire. Answer should be yes or no, nothing else.
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Wish you much success. If, I could only find RN employment related to admin rather than the bedside.
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Hi Sasto your posts are giving me hope. I also had a job fall through after I thought it was signed sealed and delivered. I'm sure I'm growing through this but it's not fun. Praying for a job in DFW area!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234