Thread: Good Night Sleep

Good Night Sleep

What are the best Good Night sleep tips?

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    I can't really say as I have searched for a good nights sleep the past 20 years. I recently went to see an acupuncturist who has improved my sleep 100 fold. No more ambien!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I discovered that if I watch television before bed, I am up for hours tossing and turning. If I read, I fall asleep must faster. I'm a male so, I know you ladies love your wine but, a bourbon on the rocks does it for me too

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    Joegsph,

Welcome to the site. I think a lot of us tend to chase sleep. If you check out my posts in the Nurses in Recovery board you will understand why the evening "nightcap" is not a good idea for me. Though I do find that a swim in summer or a warm soak in winter then a few pages of a good book help to settle me down.

Peace and Namaste

Hppy

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    True, there are some who do not/cannot imbibe. Tonight, I am one of the ones who had a shot or two in the ole OJ.

Benedryl helps when sleep is a bit late in coming, or Tylenol PM when I hurt like hell after hitting the floor for 8 hours.

Thanks happygr8ful. I was joking more than anything. I know it isn't the best idea to have a nightcap and have it become a habit. Courgarnurse, Benadryl definitely makes me drowsy but, I wouldn't suggest using it as a natural sleep aid.

Well-planned strategies are essential to deep, restorative sleep you can count on, night after night. By learning to avoid common enemies of sleep and trying out a variety of healthy sleep-promoting techniques, you can discover your personal prescription to a good night’s rest.