Thread: So Quiet here these days...............

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Unhappy So Quiet here these days...............

It seems we can't even get a good fight/discussion started here anymore...........sigh..........

Peace/Namste

Hppy

So what do you think about a working condition where the management team cannot see eye-to-eye with the working force. Furthermore, the working force is determined to continue doing the job that it feels compelled to do as proven by the institutional NEED for it regardless of the lack of support and/or understanding of the circumstances. Management states that "said" unit fails to comply with nationally recommended guidelines however fails to ask just how the unit carries out the recommended guidelines, as deemed appropriate for a critical care setting. Were it not for the incredibly professional, collegial working relationship that I have with my coworkers, I would leave my workplace in a New York second.

R

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    Lol - It's been so long since I worked in that kind of environment - It sounds just like the psych hospital where I worked and I did leave eventually after reading an ad in the paper that said "Nurses Are you tired of working weekends and Overtime?" Now I work within a team of physicians,nurses and social workers where the needs of the consumer (patient) come first.

Sounds like a tough spot you are in but if you have good co-workers I woouldn't leave any job in this economy! Hang in and Hang on.

Peace/Namaste

Hppy

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricu View Post
    So what do you think about a working condition where the management team cannot see eye-to-eye with the working force. Furthermore, the working force is determined to continue doing the job that it feels compelled to do as proven by the institutional NEED for it regardless of the lack of support and/or understanding of the circumstances. Management states that "said" unit fails to comply with nationally recommended guidelines however fails to ask just how the unit carries out the recommended guidelines, as deemed appropriate for a critical care setting. Were it not for the incredibly professional, collegial working relationship that I have with my coworkers, I would leave my workplace in a New York second.

R
    Boy, that has me thinking!