Hi, travel nursing has been in the back of my mind since I started school but once I graduated fear engulfed me. I am at that point where I can no longer handle Ohio snow and thought perhaps it is time. My biggest concern is I only have 2.5 yrs. nursing experience on a short term observation floor, aka. the chest pain floor. Though I am a telemetry certified nurse I worry that I will find myself not only on a much more acute floor but with co-workers unwilling to assist with anything I don't know. What should I expect as far as team work and nurse/patient ratios. I'm concerned that there is a reason that all these hospitals need travels; because no one local will work in those conditions. A recruiter told me that I will only be placed in my comfort zone but if I show up for guaranteed hours and they are over staffed that day won't I be the first to float to another unit? I feel my youth and lack of responsibility makes this the perfect time for travel but would a company be upset to find I've only seen a trach once in my career? Thanks for any advice.
Maureen