Thread: When Can I return to work..I am bipolar and need work for structure ...HELP!

When Can I return to work..I am bipolar and need work for structure ...HELP!

I have not worked since beg. of Mar 2011, and its driving me nuts. I was recently diagnosed w/ bipolar, but how will my job handle that ---a crazy beotch working for them. I truly believe I will be fired tomorrow, which at this point what can i do. Life sucks right now, and my emotions are on the superman at six flags...wtf. If I ever even realized this is what happened I would of just crawled under a rock. Any suggestions.

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

It will all work out

If you are bi-polar and receiving treatment you should be able to qualify for SSDI or state disability if your state has it. You must get your disease under control and stable before attempting to go back to work, otherwise you will get into and endless cycle. From your posts it appears you have been self medicating with marijuana and you need to be clear of recreational drugs and stabelized on your bi-polar meds before attempting to go to work.

If your illness is affecting your ability to work safely you should not work - and you may not be bi-polar at all. Many symptoms triggered by anxiety and stress especially if recreational drugs are involve can lead to a psychotic break that is one time only - but you need to get your mind clear before you can act pro-actively.

Seek out in-patient treatment if necessary and out-patient treatment for sure. If you still have health insurance use it.

You can get through this.

Hppy