Thread: New ACLS Resources Online

New ACLS Resources Online

Health Education Solutions, the leading provider of continuing education solutions for healthcare professionals, today released a new ACLS Special Section, a series of articles, vignettes and important facts about ACLS and ACLS certification, available in its online research library. The 10-article special section is free for healthcare providers and others who want to learn more about this important life-saving skill set.

For more information or to access the online research library, please visit www.healthedsolutions.com.

Crystal (HES)

Ricu
    $150.00 is rather high for ACLS certification. I know that in general, the AHA course for non-hospital employees averages $100 and of course, free to employees for whom the certificiation is required. Perhaps the free service isn't free after all or necessary when taking a course offered through HES. Be very careful when purchasing course packages containing additional study materials. Often Ads are written in a way that undermines your confidence while suggesting that more material will prepare you better.

Let me say this, I have been ACLS certified since 1984 and while the course has changed a lot over the years, so has the study guide. I have never felt that the textbook was hard to navigate or lacking in educational content. With the support of the instructors and the new AHA video format the program runs better than ever. What you will find in the end is that what you really need are the algorithm cards and flip chart which are always on the code cart. If you want your own copies, the cost for these is about $10.00

Good luck

R