Thread: Hello fellow nurses!

Hello fellow nurses!

I am an RN with 26 years experience. Specialities are Cards, Hospice, and currently an ER nurse. I am a night shift person. As a hobby I make glass beads aka lampworking. I am married with 2 children both grown. I have a lab/hound mix dog named Daisy who is the giggle of my life. I am a country girl at heart, too much traffic and cars drive me for the hills! I am planning on travel nursing as my next goal and beginning the research into that.
    How is your day going?
    Jen

Smile

Welcome to the site. Good to see another night shift person around. I usually work nights if I can manage it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenfire View Post
    I am an RN with 26 years experience. Specialities are Cards, Hospice, and currently an ER nurse. I am a night shift person. As a hobby I make glass beads aka lampworking. I am married with 2 children both grown. I have a lab/hound mix dog named Daisy who is the giggle of my life. I am a country girl at heart, too much traffic and cars drive me for the hills! I am planning on travel nursing as my next goal and beginning the research into that.
    How is your day going?
    Jen
    Hello Jen. It is a pleasure to meet you; I worked night shift for years and loved it. Also worked ER.

I have a girlfriend who travels and she says it is one of the best thing she has done at the ending of her career.

Come back often and enjoy your stay here.
    ER-RN

It is alright to get tired, but, never give up."

Proud Grancama!

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Good afternoon, Jen! At last! Another 3-11/11-7 person! I am one of 'those' people, also. One can keep days for all I care.

Sounds like you've worked in some different specialties. Please share your experiences when you can! I'd love to hear your stories.

'Cat'

Hi Jen,

Also new to the forum. been an RN for 25 years. Most of my experience is in the TCU but now it seems like I do more administrative work.

Sigh, If I wasnt married with children would love to try my hand at travel nursing. Maybe once the kids are in college I might try it for a bit so share with us how it goes.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Quote Originally Posted by thenursingexpert View Post
    Hi Jen,

Also new to the forum. been an RN for 25 years. Most of my experience is in the TCU but now it seems like I do more administrative work.

Sigh, If I wasnt married with children would love to try my hand at travel nursing. Maybe once the kids are in college I might try it for a bit so share with us how it goes.
    Nice to meet you too, nursingexpert!

How long before the kids are in college? The site just underwent some changes, and our Review Section is being worked on by our owner/boss, Aaron. Thus, you'll be able to peruse some of the posts re: travel nursing.

I also hope you stop by and give others some helpful advice in your specialty; we'd love it!

'Cat'

There is always room for one more, here. Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by thenursingexpert View Post
    Hi Jen,

ER-RN

It is alright to get tired, but, never give up."

Proud Grancama!