Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RN again!!!!

RN again!!!!

Hello fellow recovering nurses. My RN license became active today!!! after almost 9 months of being in the Alternative BON program. Wow, did not think this day would ever come. It has been a long road, but soooo worth it. I can't wait to get back to my career. I am proof positive that the Alternative program works. Do NOT give up hope. We can and do become nurses again. I am willing to share my experience and knowledge regarding the process or anything else anyone needs help with. Thanks for being here!

Tracey RN

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: RN again!!!!

Congrats, Trace! And I should thak YOU, and all the other nurses in Recovery, for sharing your stories and supporting one another.

You guys are awesome, and to hear/read good news, well..... I am speechless.

Did you have to test? Were there any false positives? Will you have trouble finding a job? What have you been doing in the mean time?

Had to go before the DAC (disabilty advisory committee) they just asked me questions about my recovery, what happened to get me there ect. I have had no false positives on my urine drug screens-I do pay attention to everything I ingest. I go tomorrow to meet with my DON, I am welcome back where I was working before. In the meantime, I had to cash out my retirement, so I have been just recovering-focusing on me and my sobriety. I go to group counseling weekly, individual 2 times a month and AA meetins at least 3 times a week. Thanks for asking!! Oh, and cleaning my house like crazy.

I just started testing. In fact yesturday was my first test.

BY THE WAY CONGRATULATION A JOB WELL DONE.

I want to know what do you mean by watching what you ingest? Do I get the test results? How often were you tested? I have a million questions.

I thing I am on probation for admiting to drinking but I was reported for diversion. I never diverted.
    Can I fight this? and is it worth it?

Thanks for the congrats. I don't take anything that could have an alcohol by product i.e Nyquil, I got a list when I started to drug screen, and I just stay away from it all. I am so paranoid about messing up that I am diligent in keeping an eye on it. I read labels. I have never gotten a result but am sure if it was pos. I would get a call. I have to check the system daily to see if I have been selected, so far it has been about once a month that I have to pee. I am in Nevada, so I don't know what your state requires but here the program is basically the same for alcohol and diversion. I have a narc. restriction for 1 year. I can't have access to nor give them at work. I got a contract that me and the board agreed on at the start of all of this so I knew exactly what I was "charged" with. So about fighting the diversion charge, I have no clue. Do you have a BON program coordinator that you speak with? That is who I go through. She knows the program well, and always answers my questions.

Congrats and good luck...hope everything falls into place for you!!!!!!!

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sassysissy View Post
    I need to see an addictitonologist this wednesday. Please help prepare me. what should i expect. and do you have any advice.
    I just wanted to see how things are going with you. I think I amswered this question for you in another post - but when dealing with doctors, addictionologist and counselors etc. There's really no preperation except to be prepared to be brutally honest about yourself and how you go where you are. There's really no other course of action.

Hope you are doing well.

Hppy

Smile

Congratulations on getting your license back and glad to hear that you are welcome back at your old job. You are so lucky in that respect. Good luck keeping things together in the future. Know that you can do it for yourself and your patients.

Congrats Tracy. I was so close in June, to being hires for telephone triage for a hospice co. then that paper work came that they wanted to revoke based on this relapse last fall. Sooooo close. It's gotta feel good, and even more awesome that your previous emploter wants you back. Thanks for you input also. Jayne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast