Hello all, I'm an aspiring AF Nurse. I am currently finishing up some pre-requisities in order to apply/get accepted in the nursing school.
My plans are with the AFROTC, which I'll be beginning soon, but I had a looming question I was wondering if any of you would know....

I am in overall good health, but I just heard that being flat-footed could be a disqualifier? I've checked out various sources, but there have been conflicting messages. Some sources say that as long as it's not symptomatic, then being flat-footed in of itself is not a DQer. Other sources have said that it's an automatic DQer no matter what. I know that it WAS an automatic DQer at some point in history back in the day, but heard that the military of these days do accept flat-footers so as long as the flat-footedness doesn't cause any problems? I'm flat-footed, but it's never affected my physical performance at all through the years. I have an athletic background that includes cardio-kickboxing along with other martial arts(over 10 years of training) and was able to partake in P.E. like normal with everybody else without any problems. I've never needed any custom/prescription orthotics or special shoes either. I leave behind funny-looking footprints on a pool deck, but that's about the only sign of my flat-footedness. I figured somebody could help clarify this issue for me?