Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LVN/LPN Salaries in Calif.

LVN/LPN Salaries in Calif.

Hello everyone:

I have just returned from vacation from California, and I'm now back in Oklahoma. I picked up the LA Times and the San Francisco Chronicle while I was out there. It was scary to see that there are VERY few LVN jobs opening listed in the newspapers. Why is this?? Are there really no openings at all right now? Or would I go through agencies to find work? What are the best agencies to work with?

I'm not needing work right this moment, I'm trying to get prepared for when my brother and I will be moving out there. Also I read in this forum that northern Calif. is better than Southern Calif. for LVN pay. Can someone confirm this? What kind of a difference in pay is there? I would be looking for pay time LVN work. Do you think a new graduate would have trouble finding part-time employment?

Thank you,

DebbieMarie

Re: LVN/LPN Salaries in Calif.

Hi, Deb! I talked to a friend of mine in CA, and where she can't say why jobs aren't posted, she did say that the population factor is probably why N. is better paying then S. Cali.

Re: LVN/LPN Salaries in Calif.

I work in the s.f. bay area...I make 26 for the first eight and then time and a half for the next four for a twelve hour shift..if i work a double the last four are double time, but good luck trying to find a job out here.

Red face Re: LVN/LPN Salaries in Calif.

I moved from NorCal to SoCal when I couldn't find work at all as an LVN. It is true that generally pay rates are better in NorCal even though living expenses are about the same. Since I have been in the LA area, I have also seen wages drop in the past couple of years. I work in home health. The employers state the reason they lower wages is because the MediCal reimbursement rate decreased. Although it was rumored that this was to occur, to the best of my knowledge the reimbursement rate did not drop. If you are planning a move to CA, best to line up a job first. The work picture is bleak. That is why there are no ads.

tushar
    I have been new into the healthcare industry. I am planning to taken up my first job. I am hoping for the best. Thanks you.

Good luck even trying to get an LVN position, I work for a big company in SoCal, make $18.00 an hr, and they did a salary review and deemed it appropriate, I am a special procedures nurse doing surgical and endoscopy procedures, IV blood draw certified and am the only employee who has a CFER cert from the CBSPD. I can't pay my bills on this and I can't find anything that pays more. Constantly looking for a new job. Physicians and patients love working with me, cannot explain this, if ANYONE can offer some advise please help me, I also am in an LVN to BSN program and have a BS in Computer Information Systems. I am constantly trying to build my skillset hoping someone will notice.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Lulu, perhaps you can get into Nuring Infomatics with your BS in CIS. Have you ever considered that area of Nursing?

LULU, sounds impressive! I understand your frustration and I am right with you. As a military trained nurse I have found that I run into the same problem. However it seems to be quite a bit of corrections jobs available in California area. Along with state hospital, hospice, and home health. My frustration of finding quality jobs without speaking to a recruiter prompt me to create my website. I have combined all jobs from different job boards, newspapers and other websites to assist other LPN's like me. Posted are LPN travel and permanent jobs. Hope that helps!
    Last edited by lpntravel; 09-13-2010 at 02:28 PM.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Quote Originally Posted by lpntravel View Post
    LULU, sounds impressive! I understand your frustration and I am right with you. As a military trained nurse I have found that I run into the same problem. However it seems to be quite a bit of corrections jobs available in California area. Along with state hospital, hospice, and home health. My frustration of finding quality jobs without speaking to a recruiter prompt me to create my website. I have combined all jobs from different job boards, newspapers and other websites to assist other LPN's like me. Posted are LPN travel and permanent jobs. Hope that helps!

LPNtravel, would you care to post those jobs here? We'd appreciate it!

'Cat'

LVN options in SoCal

Thanks for the ecouragement, I think Infomatics is a good meld of my experience, I would like to see more drop downs for accuracy and short hand for nurses...the more I know the more I know I need more education and instant computer access to my nursing questions is great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast