Thread: intelistaf nightmare

intelistaf nightmare

i'm finishing up a travel assignment in ca and find out that intelistaf has kept the balance of my travel pay and last weeks wages. where and who do i go to recoup this? any ideas???

Re: intelistaf nightmare

Well, what was their reasoning for keeping your pay?

Does it say anywhere in your contract that they may withold pay for any reason?

Have you done anything that would justify their actions?

Be specific regarding the situation and I'll see what I can do to help.

Anyone else who has experienced a similar situation can probably let you know what they went through as well and how they got it worked out.

i wasn't aware anyone had the right to withhold pay for wages earned. no it did not say in the contract they may withhold pay, nor i can't see anyone working for them knowing at anytime knowing they may decide to not give you your pay for your work.
    is there a lawyer or somekind of better business bureau that i can report this to? i know absolute nursing does this and preferred does this.
    how can you help me recoup my wages? if you want to help.....

i wasn't aware anyone had the right to withhold pay for wages earned. no it did not say in the contract they may withhold pay, nor i can't see anyone working for them knowing at anytime knowing they may decide to not give you your pay for your work.
    is there a lawyer or somekind of better business bureau that i can report this to? i know absolute nursing does this and preferred does this.
    how can you help me recoup my wages? if you want to help.....

The first thing I would do is call the board of labor and tell them what has happened. After you recieve their response, I would get a lawyer and notify intelistaf via the lawyer.

If there were damages to your housing maybe, beyond the deposit or something along those lines...that's one of the only reasons I can think of.

Another course of action might be to inform intelistaf that you are calling the board of labor and getting a lawyer.

Tell them that your side of the situation is being documented on ultimatenurse.com and all of the sites that use the Ultimate Nurse Forums and that might get their attention.

thanks shortbus i use your site frequently to tell the sordid stories of travel companies and have blasted intelistaff frequently. i haven't gotten my lost wages or travel but if i can prevent one nurse from signing on with them it is worth it

Quote Originally Posted by maggiedanurse View Post
    thanks shortbus i use your site frequently to tell the sordid stories of travel companies and have blasted intelistaff frequently. i haven't gotten my lost wages or travel but if i can prevent one nurse from signing on with them it is worth it
    Maggie, Sorry to hear about what happened with InteliStaf. I went through some problems with them. Ny recruiter had me fax my time sheets to her and not payroll casue payroll said that they never got them, and the company is so very nonsupportive with there are problems of any type at the hospital. The solution is real simple, don't EVER work for them again. Sometimes we learn things the hard way. I know I certainly did.