Thread: Frustrated!

Angry Frustrated!

I am so frustrated with nasty attitudes at work and constant back-biting!! I signed on to work at this hospital a few months ago and it is the absolute worse place Ive ever worked at. None of the nurses seem to like each other and everyone is always talking about one another. I come in and noone speaks, everyone comes in with bad attitudes and will barely speak in the mornings! I have done travel and agency nursing before and am considering going back to that. Im so tired of the politics that go along with being a staff nurse. I always have to stay late just to get my work done because I have to many patients, I know sometimes we do have to work a little over but I stay over by atleast an hour or more every single day I work! I am so tired of working at this place and working with inconsiderate nurses!!!!!! I have been a nurse for almost 9 yrs and honestly this place has made me think about getting out of the profession! Just had to get all that out..phew I feel better now!!

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: Frustrated!

Oh, I hear ya! I deal with that alot, to.

BTW, my place of employment has a 'no gossip' clause' in the Employee Handbook, and unfortunately it is taken to extremes. 'If anyone is sick, you can't ask' type of sh*t. Yet, seems like the 'problem children' can get away with the grumping, etc.

Why is it there is no middle ground?

LOL I know all about the "problem children" those that make our jobs so much harder because of their ridiculous and negative attitudes!!! I had one ask me if I knew how to check a code cart and I said yeah I have checked them before but not at this hospital because I haven't been here long and she says well come here because you're going to do it today instead of me!!! I mean c'mon, I would never be so demanding and rude of a co worker. There are better and nicer ways to say things. I wanted to give her a peice of my mind but I tried to maintain a professional attitude. She did know I didn't like it! Anyway this type of thing goes on to much and how do we resolve it?? Is it even possible to create better work environments. It seems like the bad outways the good most of the time. Okay I'm venting again but I think its bad that I lose sleep the night before I have to go into that place. Literally I dont sleep sometimes because Im thinking "what am I going to have to deal with today and who is going to say something smart?" Im tired of it all!! Ok Im done lol!!

msrn, welcome & air out your frustrations here with us anytime.
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierNurse View Post
    msrn, welcome & air out your frustrations here with us anytime.
    'Zactly! This is the reason we have this area.

Hello my name is ladylove, i really understand how you feel about your job i love my job but don't care for some of my co-worker

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THEY HEARD OF DABNEY UNV IN INDIANA ? LPN FOR LAST 21yrs trying to get RN

Thanks guys I think Im done complaining for now lol but thank you for listening! Felt good to get it out!!