Thread: new to travelling

new to travelling

Hi I am a Canadian trained RN BScN. I have 14 yrs experience. I currently live in France but I am interested in coming to N America to do locums, 8 -12 weeks max.

I have not written my NCLEX but plan to asap.

Where do I start?

Re: new to travelling

Hello, I am not in your situation, but doing my research on travel companies I have came across PPR Travel website www.pprtravel.com and they have an international nurses travel program. You may try calling them and they could help you get started.
    The recruiter I have been talkinug to is Andy Manning, I am sure he could lead you in the right direction. I recieved a packet from them and the article I read on the international program, they even meet you at the airport and help you get settled, even helped this couple enroll their children in school. I was impressed since I have been travelin for 4 years and yet to meet anyone from the companies I have worked for.
    Andy's direct line is:1-800-693-5039.

Good Luck.
    If you have any questions feel free to email me and I will help as much as I can. sunsetdreaming26@aol.com

Take care
    Melissa

Thanks so much for the info and advice. I have already emailed them to get going. I have found this to be so frustrating so far, recruiters who don't call back, are totally negative when they hear I don't have my NCLEX etc. Hopefully this will be better because I really want to do this.

Will keep you posted.

Charlene

I hope they are able to help you, everyone I have spoke with at PPR has been very nice. Did you email Andy or just the company in general? His email is: andy.manning@pprinc.net
    I hope everything works out for the best.
    Where in the US are you planning on coming?
    Keep in touch
    Melissa

I have been dealing with Andy directly. So far so good. I have submitted all the info they need but now I need to get licensed in a US state and I am not at all sure how to go about that.

Any suggestions?

You'll need to decide on which states you want to work in. Than call that state board of nursing directly and they can tell you everything that you will need for their license. Each state has their own requirments.

Good Luck
    Melissa

I know that I can work in some states that do not require the NCLEX to be licensed. Any idea what those states are.

I have no idea where I want to go, in fact I don't really have much preference at this point.