Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mens hair at work

Mens hair at work

Now I have been getting some flack about the length of my hair at work. Its shoulder length and a bit more. While at work I keep my hair neatly in a pony tail. Doesn't affect my work at all. And I keep it very clean. Shampooed daily. Now of course I do work in a right wing extremist state, thats almost totally red. Im surrounded and heavily outnumbered by Republicans.
    Im just enjoying the fact that at my age, I am not bald and I can grow a nice pony tail. I just enjoy my life is all. But some of the young Republicans I work with sure get a little fussy about it though. They really fussed when I came in with it in a braid.

So what are your thoughts about mens hair in the work place.

Peace, Love, Lets Tee It Up

Cool Re: Mens hair at work

Funny you should bring up hair today. Just yesterday I was standing behind a guy who was balding on top but wore a ponytail of long hair behind and I was thinking how it would be nice if he could figure out a way to put his ponytail hair on top. I don't care about guys having long hair if they keep it clean and out of the way of what they are doing, just like women with long hair.

Re: Mens hair at work

What is your hospital policy? Keep hair above shoulders probably. I think you should put it in a bun and see how the staff likes that. It's so silly. Some nurses just like to be negative and complain.. I've worked w plenty of male nurses w long hair in tails. No big deal...

Member Extraordinaire

I don't see how a man with a ponytail is any different than a woman wearing her hair in a ponytail. As long as its up & out of the way, who cares??? I like Kdog's idea- try some new "do's", and see how they like it..... a bun, french braid, pig tails.....

Maybe you could try some of those bump-its.
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Ex-Traveler Extraordinaire,
    Resident Trauma Queen

Ricu

I like long hair. If mine was thick enough, I would grow it. Even when I had a lot of hair I couldn't wear it long because it's very fine and didn't look good.

I guess some guys never see the back of their own heads because if they saw what everyone else sees, they would do something different. Either that or they just don't care. A ponytail on a balding head looks pretty sad. It sorta goes along with plumber's crack.

Tom, how about dying your hair green? Then for Christmas, you can put red elastic bands on your ponytail.

just an idea...

R

Well, at this time I'm unable to grow long hair. Back in the day my hair was shoulder length.

If it is clean & not in the way, then GROW IT!

Ricu

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierNurse View Post
    Well, at this time I'm unable to grow long hair. Back in the day my hair was shoulder length.

If it is clean & not in the way, then GROW IT!
    Hey Cary,

I guess you're gearing up for surgery soon. When's the date? My prayers for quick recovery and return of function are with you. My wife had her right knee replaced yesterday and she's really doing quite well. I expect she'll come home Saturday.

Take care,

R

Thanks Ricu! Yea, my L RTC (3rd time) repair is Monday.

Not really in good spirits these days. Family drama from all directions. Really, really tired of it all.

Actually I have been thinking of braiding it Willie Nelson Style. Havent done so yet. But it is below my shoulders now. I keep it clean in a pony tail style. Guess I can not pick on soccer moms and their pony tails anymore.

I've already commented on this post but want to add again. The OP spoke about his own well contained, long hair but on the subject of hair in general in the especially medical work place is an issue. If you're constantly swiping strands of hair aside or tossing your head back so you can see, there's a problem. If you're always distractedly blinking because your bangs are in your eyes, there's a problem. If your long hair isn't contained and threatens to fall into your work area and either contaminate, become contaminated or both, there's a problem. If you see yourself in these scenarios, please do something about it because it is really quite serious.

R

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast