Thread: male vs female ratios at work

male vs female ratios at work

what ratio of male nurses to female nurses do you have at your facility? and what kind of facility do you work at (nursing home, emergency room, etc.)

Member Extraordinaire

Re: male vs female ratios at work

zero males in labor and delivery at either of the 2 hospitals I work at or the 2 I've taught clinicals at. At the whole hospital I work at I don't know how many females there are but the males are ICU, Tele, ER, 1 in rehab, 1 on medical, zero on peds, director of OR is male but right now no male nurses, 3 male CRNA's no females.

Re: male vs female ratios at work

thx casioo, anyone else?

Thumbs up Re: male vs female ratios at work

****o I have just joined these forums. I would like to help u with your question. I have been a Care Assistant for 14 years. In all my years as a Care Assistant I have only worked with about 5 men. Now where I work, in a Retirement home for the elderly, we have 2 male Care assistants.

I think it is a good idea to have male Care Assistants in a work place, because they can deal with the men better in some situations. (This has occured at our place) I believe that everyone is there to care and as a Professional Carer you become used to dealing with male and female residents. I hope this helps answer your question.