Thread: New CNA

Smile New CNA

Hi everyone. I just found this forum, it's great. I go for my state testing this week. I study every day. CNA classes were very easy for me, I did lots of research before I quit my high paying job with no job satisfaction to take classes. I'm already checking out schools that offer LPN classes, but before I fork over the big$$I need to get my feet wet. Plus I have to work while going to school(tough being an adult). I just hope I get a job in a couple of weeks. I would like to try home care vs. retirement home. I did my clinicals in a ltc facility. I really enjoyed it,but I feel the cna ratio to patient is too great to give the care that these folks deserve. Anyway,any tips or advice is always welcome. I'm glad I found this forum.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: New CNA

Hey, pharmgirl! Glad to have you with us, and good luck on that test.

Regarding LTC---remember that YOU will make a difference in everyone's life. I know the ratios can be a bit crazy, but you CAN help make things better.

Keep us posted on the LPN school bit, ok? If it counts, I did things the 'learn and earn' way, also.

Re: New CNA

I agree that the CNA to patient ratio is often not good enough to provide the best care. I work in a LTC right now (finished my certification this summer) and there just are not enough CNAs. Part of the problem is that its hard to find CNAs. So the work can be very stressful. I plan to do this job for just a few months and then pursue something else in the healthcare field. Good luck with your CNA career.