Thread: How Long To Become A CNA

Anonymous

How Long To Become A CNA

Hi,

I have a family member who claims to be studying to become a CNA. The problem is this person has been studying to become one for over 22 months. Is this normal? I was under the impression that becoming a CNA can be accomplished in less than a year. After that a person would be able to hold a job in that field.

Also is it typical for a CNA student to go to school daily during this time and still not be able to get at least an intern position.

Sorry for posting this we just seem to have a problem with this person and all of the excuses when it comes to actually holding a job.

The person is located in California if that is relevant.

Also nice site.

Thanks

Re: How Long To Become A CNA

You can casually ask her what program she is attending and call them as to how long the program lasts. She might be repeating courses or taking courses when she can. It shouldn't take more than several months I would think. It shouldn't be a problem unless she is offering advice or trying to care for someone prior to certification. The advice part is not proper even for us. It can be misconstrued as practicing medicine and that is punishable by law.