Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nursing In Ireland

Nursing In Ireland

Just throwin' this out....for those of you who do not know, I worked in Dublin for about a year in 98/99. I have been in contact with the Director of Surgical Services at St.James Hospital and they have openings. If anyone is interested give me an e-mail and I will try to help you get started. I may want to go back and work there in a few years so if anyone wants to make a long range plan maybe we can go as a package deal. Traveling to the rest of the world is easy and cheap from Dublin. You get loads of time off and it would take about 5yrs. to totally discover all that Ireland has to offer. lpatterson5@triad.rr.com

Re: Nursing In Ireland

Have read this thread with much enthusiasm since I joined this site. Have known a few nurses where my wife works that travel. And this seems very interesting to me. Gives you a chance to see many exciting places and get paid for it. What else is there. Hopefully with a little luck, 3 years from now I can actually get to do that. But I love reading all the stuff here about it. Keep up the good work. Jerry Harsh

This would be a dream come true. I want to buy an irish horse there also, jump the fences, and toss afew talking belarney. If you have the time I would love to hear from you. I,m an icu nurse with 14 yrs. experience. have only done local travel because of my animals Hope to hear from you. Smiles.

Anonymous

A little off subject..But are you a dialysis nurse..You look familiar from Allnurses...Just curious.. Do you think they might have any dialysis positions in Ireland?

Thanks for your help... I hope I am not too nosey..

WR,,, three commas just for Becca.

What licensing does an American nurse need to get to work as an RN in Ireland (or anywhere in the UK for that matter) and how does one go about it?

Anonymous

I really don't know..But I do know that www.medhunters.com has some very good info.. I believe they have a link to foreign licensure... I've never looked at it..

WR,,, three commas for Becca

Anonymous

Hi,,, I was just cleaning up my fav sites and ran across this one..Guess in my old age I forgot I had it..

www.nurseworldwide.com

They are looking for nurses. I bet they have all the poop on foreign licensure.

Heck NO, you are not too nosey!! And YES they have dialysis there, and YES you could get a job. I have worked in dialysis but my major background is surgery.

Anonymous

Actually, I had a contract for Saudi Arabia in hand in 1999..Wish I had gone then...Couldn't sell my house in Maine.. But I am seriously considering it..As I want to build a log home in TN...Ya know no state income tax for travel purposes and compact state...What more could a travel nurse ask for.

Please explain further your choosing TN. Sounds interesting!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast