Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Recovering nurse chat

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: Recovering nurse chat

APB is out on Rob, and Aaron IS aware. He (Aaron) is currently working over an hour's drive from home, and is a bit over-extended. He will get to things when he is able to, from what he told me.

Until then, we can post?

Hi there all you fellow recovering nurses. I am one of these and got my license back and have 2 more years of probation. It was a very hard and long road of recovery and being strong enough to apply for nursing license. So clean, sober and a nurse. Now what? the stigma attached to us is something. Of coarse we have a disease but how does diverting and impaired sound on resume. I have tried every recovery center within 100 miles of where I live. It seems to be fruitless. I know what I did and am still paying for my transgressions. I am in MO.
    I can't believe I found this site. Amazing. Glad to know you guys are out here with me. Sometimes I sit and cry as there are postings but having someone take the time to offer you a second chance is very rare.

Thanks for letting me vent.

I'm in...

Facebook User

I would like be part of nurse chat

cat16

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

I will get after Aaron C, 'Da Boss', to get the Chat Room fixed!

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kriknkraw View Post
    Hi there all you fellow recovering nurses. I am one of these and got my license back and have 2 more years of probation. It was a very hard and long road of recovery and being strong enough to apply for nursing license. So clean, sober and a nurse. Now what? the stigma attached to us is something. Of coarse we have a disease but how does diverting and impaired sound on resume. I have tried every recovery center within 100 miles of where I live. It seems to be fruitless. I know what I did and am still paying for my transgressions. I am in MO.
    I can't believe I found this site. Amazing. Glad to know you guys are out here with me. Sometimes I sit and cry as there are postings but having someone take the time to offer you a second chance is very rare.

Thanks for letting me vent.
    You might want to try applying for work at a Psychiatric facility - They are generally a bit more forgiving of a nurses past. I did Psych work for 4 years while in the CA Diversion Program - I now work in an administrative position for a company that does home care for developmentally disabled adults and my past never came up in getting this job and is now truely the past (though I would not wish to forget or close the door on it)

Good luck to you - You may send me private messages on this site if you want to talk more.

Peace and Namaste

Hppygr8ful

Hi there hppygr8ful. I want to thank you for your words of wisdom. I have been so busy these past few weeks it's been amazing. Did a lot of praying for the signs of what I am to do with the rest of my life. So I got a call and next thing I knew I got a job working as RN in a substance abuse center 35 miles from my home. It's the one I wanted to work for but there have been no openings for a while. I started and am on orientation and am loving every minute of it. I am so blessed and grateful!!!! Sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming. It's nice to be able to tell people you are an addict and it's truly ok. This is a dream I didn't dare to even dream. I stand as hope in one of the person's bleakest times in their life.
    I am so so so so blessed. Thanks for your words of encouragement

kriknkraw

That is such a wonderful and hopeful story. Congrats. You can now help people that suffer from the same disease we do.

Hello Everyone! I'm new on here. Has a chat session ever happened?

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Hello Everyone! I'm new on here. Has a chat session ever happened?
    We tried it early on but there have been some technical problems - I'm willing to try again - If anyone wants too.

Hppy

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast