Thread: Ireland

Ireland

I visited Dublin in Aug. 98 and while there I visited the Irish Nursing Board. I obtained an appication pkg. and on return to the US got to work. In Dec. 98, I returned to Dublin and began Nursing. I cannot say enough good things about my experience! I would love to assist anyone who might be thinking of going overseas without the benefit of a Travel Nurse Agency.

Re: Ireland

please tell me if you are still working in ireland and how the pay is and if you found affordable housing in irealnd. i was hoping to find a travel company that recruits from the us to europe for the experience of living abroad. unfortuanately, due to our shortage here, travel companies only recruit to the us from europe not visa/versa. i was still hoping to fulfill the dream however without the aid of a travel complany and recently did a google search that led me to your post. i would really appreciate any guidance. thanks.

Would love any help you could offer for working in Ireland. Have a position in New Zealand but rethinking to GB or better yet Ireland ! Can you make enough $$$$ to exist and pay for your mortgage in the states?? I am an OR nurse, do they make all the same wage or specialties differ? There would be another OR nurse with me and would like to work at the same place.
    Thanks so much .......Patti

I would like to know the same about travel nursing in Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by All41 View Post
    I visited Dublin in Aug. 98 and while there I visited the Irish Nursing Board. I obtained an appication pkg. and on return to the US got to work. In Dec. 98, I returned to Dublin and began Nursing. I cannot say enough good things about my experience! I would love to assist anyone who might be thinking of going overseas without the benefit of a Travel Nurse Agency.
    I would appreciate some help getting a work visa and nursing license in Ireland. My hope is to go later this year.

ICU work in Ireland

I'm seeing several postings regarding getting to work in Ireland, is there information out there? I'll be in Ireland for an undetermined amount of time starting in August, would like to spend 6 months there, is it possible to work for this amount of time in an ICU. Any information would be appreciated. Travel leads I've tried to follow up on line seem to have a lot of dead ends. Thanks.

let me know too. gmaddison02@gmail.com