Thread: Licensure in Georgia

Licensure in Georgia

I am a RN in the state of Alabama (new grad). I am trying to get a license by endorsement in Ga. I have had a few encounters with the law. All charges were dropped each time. When appliying for my AL license, I sent in the court documents and all was well. Now I send in the same docs to GA they are holding up my license. It appears that the board must hear my case and decide if I am worthy of a license (I currently have a LPN license in Ga). The board does not meet again until 7/05. I think Georgia is full of lazy, incompentent a@!holes! Has anyone had any problems with Ga?

Re: Licensure in Georgia

Be patient. ON a good day the BRN takes 3 mos. to decide things in CA.

At leasy CA offers a temp license. I have been offered a job that starts on 6/6/05 with a sign on bonus of $10k. This really screws things up for me in more ways than one!

I have been licensed in Georgia for 16 years. I received my license by reciprocity from another state without difficulty at the time. I have found the state licensing board to be efficient, responsive and competent in the past 16 years. How many state agencies can you call and actually speak to a person? You can in Georgia at the Board of Nursing. The fact that you have had issues with the law in the past is not their problem. You do not state the reason for the urgency in obtaining your Georgia license. Be patient and your turn will come. And one question, why would you want to work in a state that "is full of lazy,incompetent a@!holes"? Stay in Alabama if Georgia is so bad.

LOL . . . welcome to the forums fireball.