Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: contract states scheldule...

Re: contract states scheldule...

Ugg. What an awful hospital. Sounds very much like she didn't read the contract and is now stuck with something that she doesn't like and is trying to make you pay for it. And yes it does sound like she is trying to get out of the contract.
    Michell

I'm pretty sure she is. I think the only reason why she did anything for this week was just because it was a holiday weekend and she wouldn't be able to find anyone else to come in and work all weekend with no notice. I figure after Wednesday I probably won't be back and not because I have done anything wrong. Like I said, I am always way over charting things to cover my butt.

Oh Yes, they are looking for any little thing so that they can cancel you.. been there, I know..
    First of all, with admissions--it is an ongoing process, and not only one Nurse is responsible for something missing. If it's missing, well,, gee, just let you know so you can fix it..
    Get out of that place.
    I wonder if they would have picked on a permanent staff if a paper was missing. The answer is NO. because it would become a teaching matter, not a reason to make a big deal out of nothing.
    What is your company doing??

My company is doing everything that they can. Like I said, they contacted legal about it and legal said that she has to be given an opportunity to fix my schedule, even if its up until the very last possible day again then the hospital is not in violation of my contract. Its not until there is nothing else left but to work an unblocked schedule they they can claim breach. And, if I just leave right now it would be considered voluntary on my part and be legally considered a mutual dissolution of my contract and they would not be financially responsible. So, I have to stay until she actually breaches. Even though she has sent in writing that she is going to, thats not enough for contract law.

Well, this gets better and better.
    The past several days I have been taking care of a patient that the day shift charge nurse has had on days. She reprimanded me verbally today for not tallying his I & O's, not that they weren't recorded, that the numbers were not added up. But, she has not documented a pain assessment at all on this patient, she has not documented education at all on this patient, and half of her assessments have been left blank!
    This hospital (even though it is the largest in the state) uses paper charting and I don't think most of the staff nurses have been instructed on how to chart correctly, because all of my patients have huge lapses in their charts, and more things that I can count either not charted or charted incorrectly. This is a cardiac floor and most of the nurses when they run a tele strip just tape it to the page (if they even bother to run one at all), they don't use calipers or interpret them at all about 80% of the time. But, they are nitpicking my documentation!
    I really don't think they want to make to big of an issue out of it though, because if they do then their staff's issues with documentation will come up.
    This is getting harder and harder each day.
    And whats worse, my schedule for next week is STILL not fixed...
    I'm to the point where I'm almost hoping that they don't fix it just so I can go somewhere else.

Member Extraordinaire

Yeah, it's too bad, but it sounds like you will be better off if they do cancel you- then you can be out of there. I understand if you don't want to say the name of the hospital now while you're still there, but when you're out of there, make sure you post a review of the hospital on our reviews section, so other travelers will know how they treated you!
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Ex-Traveler Extraordinaire,
    Resident Trauma Queen

The OP stated who the hospital is in her very first post

... This hospital is University of Mississippi medical center in jackson, MS just so other people will know to beware. ....

You would be much better off if she didn't fix your schedule. That way you are out of there! How many weeks do you have left on the contract?

If I had of known what hospital it was to begin with, I would have told you it wouldn't be fixed. That place is one of the worse places to work. Good luck and get out as soon as possible and keep warning others.

Well, it took having the OWNER of my agency as well as a few other people from my agency having a phone conference with the DON of this hospital to get them to agree to abide by my contract. At first they kept refusing, but when it came down to line and my agency refused to budge, they finally agreed. This is the reason I love working for a small agency, they take time that larger agencies never would. I got my schedule for the month of august last night and it was RIGHT!

Amber,
    Out of curiosity, which travel company do you work for that backed you up 100% on this issue?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast