Thread: Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)

Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)

I am having a hard time finding information on what is actually on this test on the internet. I have searched and found many books available for purchase, but I am looking for any answers to what is on the test, what should be studied, can you use a calc or no, anything about this test. Is it hard, etc? If anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks much.

Re: Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)

This page gives a pretty detailed explanation of student dos and don'ts:
    Admission Assessment Exam
    Test of Essential Academic SkillsTest (TEAS)
    http://www.butlercc.edu/nursing/teastest.cfm

No calculators allowed . . ..

This goes over the topic areas:
    http://www.testprepreview.com/teas_practice.htm

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.4nursing.com

hi to all.
    I was wondering if anybody have the actucal answers to the teas test given at westchester community college. I have taken the test in March and i found it very hard. It was given two ways: one on the computer and the other with pencil and paper, but to those who had extended time like me. Unfortunatly, i didn't pass. Any help is much appreciated it.

Hello again,

If anyone don't have any answers to the teas test than what about the NLN exam given at new york college of technology in Brooklyn or any NLN info would be helpful.

Gcan,

You can buy/borrow study guides for both TEAS and the NLN exam. I'd study with those rather than try to memorize answers to individual questions you may or may not see when you take the test.

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.nursinga2z.com

Unhappy Re: Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)

Hello Everyone,

I have a huge problem I need to solve ASAP! I just got a letter form the Nursing School I'm applying to saying I need to take the TEAS and have my scores in by 01 April. The letter was dated 26 Feb, post marked 11 March, and I received it 19 March - needless to say I don't have much time to make this happen! To make things worse, the school is in Texas and I am currently in New Jersey. I called the ATI number provided and the only location in New Jersey that administers this test is Seton Hall....Is it possible that there may be other locations I can take this test in New Jersey just in case Seton Hall does not give the test soon?

Does the school you are applying not have teas testing? Call them and make sure. My school has set dates for teas testing and requires signup.

Be sure to brush up on fractions, decimals, percentages, basic algebra, averages, simple interest ( i = prt ), metric conversions (inches to cm, miles to km, etc), basic science (kenetic energy, hydrologic cycle, etc), and chemistry (don't memorize periodic table, but be sure you understand how to look at it and what numbers mean; understand valance eletrons & bonding).

Hello everyone! I am studying for the TEAS exam myself and I was able to obtain a copy of the TEAS pre-test study manual at my school. So far it's been a great guide for every section that's covered in the TEAS exam. The book goes for around $50, but may be found cheaper online.

TEAS Pre-Test Study Manual
    ISBN#: 1-933107-00-6
    9 781933107004

Either number should work. GL!

Hey guys... here's a great site to use for TEAS exam prep if you're taking the exam. Comes with a 3,000 question database broken down into 170 question practice exams... very helpful in preparing for the test. Check out the link if you're planning on taking the test and good luck!

TEAS Test of Essential Academic Skills

Scoring High on the TEAS

When I took the TEAS test, I was fortunate to have an advisor who steered me in the right direction. I did some research, talked with some people who knew more about the test than I did, and developed a number of strategies.

On exam day, I scored 94% with 90-100% in each of the four areas--even science. I can't imagine the score I would have had if I hadn't thought through how to score high and followed through with a killer preparation plan.

Since then I have occasionally tutored students for the TEAS. I'm still in school myself, hence the word 'occasionally'. So far I have a 100% success rate in raised scores. My most recent client, who had already taken the TEAS twice and received the same score, raised her score by 10 points after working with me.

Last fall I wrote Raise Your Score, Lower Your Stress! 12 Tips to Increase Your TEAS Score, which details my strategies and tips for the TEAS.

Available at

http://www.myfasttrackbooks.com/raiseyourscorebook.asp

The TEAS is definitely a challenge. Know details from your school. Get the best study guides. Have a solid game plan for your preparation.

Best wishes,
    Kim