Thread: NCLEX-RN: how many failed at 75 questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy NCLEX-RN: how many failed at 75 questions

Just took the NCLEX and it stopped at 75 questions...did the review with Saunders and thought I knew my stuff pretty well. Now I'm less sure since the NCLEX was so hard. Was wondering how many people failed with a 75 question shut off.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: NCLEX-RN: how many failed at 75 questions

I had 75 questions, and passed. However, when I took the LPN boards, it was 'the whoooole day deal'.....everyone had to take all the questions.

'Cat'

! got 75 questions on my NCLEX exam in 05' and passed. Everyone in my nursing class who got 75 questions passed. I bet you did better than you think. :luck: Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Yippigirl View Post
    Just took the NCLEX and it stopped at 75 questions...did the review with Saunders and thought I knew my stuff pretty well. Now I'm less sure since the NCLEX was so hard. Was wondering how many people failed with a 75 question shut off.
    Hello,
    I'm sure by now you've received good news.

A nurse I know told me the other day that someone in his class had to take NCLEX twice d/t failing twice and that he had 75 questions both times. Yikes, maybe he was just trying to scare me.

Gen

I only had 75 questions and passed. This has nothing to do with if you pass or not. The computer gages if you are answering right or wrong most of the time to set a baseline.
    So you have probably passed, just check and see after a couple of days. Everyone I know that had 75 questions passed the first time, except one person.

RN2007

When I took the test it was explained to me that the computer knows by a formula if you will pass or not and doesn't provide you with a set number of questions until it is sure you have passed/failed. I took both LPN and RN boards, was an honor student and didn't feel like I passed either one until I had confirmation!!! It's a scary feeling when the computer shuts off. You have to study for the type of question and thinking skills they want you to have, not just nursing/pathophysiological knowledge.

Hello girls,this is me ABJA from Nepal.I took my Nclex-Rn exactly three weeks before but have not received result yet.I think I have to wait for one more week because i'm a foreign nurse without security code number and have applied for California.Computer shutts off at 75 questions and i was afraid that why they didn't allow me to attempt more questions?I didn't remember what was my last questions and even whether i had attepted that correctly or not?