Thread: Cardiac Enzymes

Cardiac Enzymes

If you know where I can find a graph of Cardiac Enzymes for AMI, let me know the URL or the Text. I have graphs, but none include the ones I need all on the same graph. I use CPK, CK-MB and Troponin I exclusively. We don't use LDH, but always look for TSH and other sources of rise, I.e.renal insufficiency, post op, CA, muscular disease and reperfusion Tx (tpa). I need a graph that shows CPK, CK-MB and Troponin I start to rise, continue to rise, peak, start to fall, fall, and return to normal. I intend to print it out on legal size paper so everyone (rn's and docs) have a visual representation of what is when.

I have looked in alot of places, but I don't have a graph with the three i mentioned. You'll easily find graphical representations with total CPK, LDH and SGOT, but they aren't exactly representative of the pt's acute status (at least not as far as i was trained).

I just want a gentle reminder for everyone around the nurses station that a pt may have had a silent event after a PTCA or with that new admit who's here to rule out MI. We do get alot of cardiac folks in the unit where I work and I'm just looking to make for better outcomes via graphical representation and subconscious reinforcing.

Find those graphs that include tCPK, CK-MB and Trop I and let me know where you got them of send them to me.

Thanks in advance,

Mac

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working