Thread: Avoid the College Network!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Avoid the College Network!

Pass rate of 80% is unbelievable. I had to spend about $700 for book and a next $350 for more books, the books excelsior recommend their students to study before taking the exams. I intend on finding some legal recourse in the matter. Its not right, and not fair....I've to pay $14k for material that cant even help me pass my exams.....UNFAIR. And to all of you, deal directly with Excelsior, and find ways of Clepping your pre-requisite courses without the college network. Or like the rest of us you have a $14k (more or less) debt over your head, and still have to spend more out of pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by pmedic2rn View Post
    Pass rate of 80% is unbelievable. I had to spend about $700 for book and a next $350 for more books, the books excelsior recommend their students to study before taking the exams. I intend on finding some legal recourse in the matter. Its not right, and not fair....I've to pay $14k for material that cant even help me pass my exams.....UNFAIR. And to all of you, deal directly with Excelsior, and find ways of Clepping your pre-requisite courses without the college network. Or like the rest of us you have a $14k (more or less) debt over your head, and still have to spend more out of pocket.
    Dear pmedic2rn,

As previously recommended, please contact our Customer Care Unit. Ask to speak to the manager. Her name is Heather. We do not want you to feel as if you have wasted your time or your money. Remember, your purchase includes the assistance of Academic Support. Take advantage of it and give us a call. Let's see if we can work together to get you back on track.

Sincerely,
    Rick
    The College Network

Rico, you should talk to your customer care staff. They were not helpful at all when I called. I tried to find out who I could contact to talk about improving the writing of the study materials and they wouldn't give me another number. Not only that, but the person I spoke with completely blew me off.

I am not someone who had trouble passing the exams. I got A's. But I was SO frustrated with the amount of time it took to decipher TCN's texts that I kept buying other textbooks. As I said in my first post, the materials that TCN gives out are only aimed at passing tests, when the goal should be to produce a knowledgeable nurse who can think on his/her feet, and solve problems that do not present them self in a multiple choice format.

At one point I got so frustrated with the materials that I started actually marking it up and editing it for conciseness and clarity.

If anyone else has luck with finding some justice with the College Network, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorificous View Post
    Rico, you should talk to your customer care staff. They were not helpful at all when I called. I tried to find out who I could contact to talk about improving the writing of the study materials and they wouldn't give me another number. Not only that, but the person I spoke with completely blew me off.

I am not someone who had trouble passing the exams. I got A's. But I was SO frustrated with the amount of time it took to decipher TCN's texts that I kept buying other textbooks. As I said in my first post, the materials that TCN gives out are only aimed at passing tests, when the goal should be to produce a knowledgeable nurse who can think on his/her feet, and solve problems that do not present them self in a multiple choice format.

At one point I got so frustrated with the materials that I started actually marking it up and editing it for conciseness and clarity.

If anyone else has luck with finding some justice with the College Network, please let me know.
    Glorificous,

All complaints about the materials are logged and passed on to the appropriate party. If you would like to provide me with your email address so that I can locate your account, I would be more than happy to have someone from our Customer Care Unit contact you and address your concerns. My guess is that you initially spoke to an Academic Advisor regarding your concerns and I think our Customer Care Unit may be better equipped to satisfy your concerns.

The materials are written by PHDs and subject matter experts in their respective fields. The materials are also subject to a rigorous editing process. As a matter of fact, we have an entire department dedicated solely for that purpose.

Our materials are designed for the purpose of passing the exams required by the school. It is the school/degree-granting institution that designs the curriculum and is charged with the task of producing a knowlegeable nurse who can think on his/her feet.

I am glad to see that you have had success on your exams. And again, I would be more than happy to see that your concerns are addressed to your satisfaction.

Sincerely,
    Rick
    The College Network

Quote Originally Posted by The College Network View Post
    Dear pmedic2rn,

As previously recommended, please contact our Customer Care Unit. Ask to speak to the manager. Her name is Heather. We do not want you to feel as if you have wasted your time or your money. Remember, your purchase includes the assistance of Academic Support. Take advantage of it and give us a call. Let's see if we can work together to get you back on track.

Sincerely,
    Rick
    The College Network
    You people are a joke!!! We all have wasted our time AND our money. In these tough times with people being laid off, people cannot afford to waste money on your nonsense, uncaring ways, and lack of follow through. I've spent about....ohhhhh.....$2400 on ONE book because you and your fraudulent collegues decided, "hey let's get these schmucks to pay the money upfront,". I'm reporting you to this financial institution from which you extracted money that I'm obligated to pay back. bite me:

It sucks that everyone got sucked into something they now regret. I used old College Network study guides with very few adjucts and passed all tests except (old) NC3 the first time. However, If I had to recommend a path to a new student, I would tell them to buy the actual textbooks that Excelsior recommends and read them. Yes, it will take a long time but that really is the best way to get the most education out of the program. You can always go on ebay and get old College Network and Rue study guides for under $100 each and this will help in your studies. I did this, then resold the books after I passed. This way, you really won't pay anything for them. Some books I used were over 5 years old but they still helped me out. Those study guides helped me, but I am glad I didn't pay $5K for them. That is ludicrisp...not to be confused with Supersugarcrisp.:nurse-haha:

Good luck everyone. I am always happy to hear it when an Excelsior student is successfull in taking a test. I know how hard the program is. People that have not gone through it do not really understand the challenges.