Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Avoid the College Network!

Re: Avoid the College Network!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron C. View Post
    Andrew,

A couple of things that come to mind from my perspective.

First, you CAN filter them from adsense now with the new beta category/site/advertiser filtering.

I agree there are some questions raised by people unhappy with the College Network and I will not be addressing any individual complaints however it seems like to me that a program serving as many students as they do is going to have SOME people who are unhappy.

Whether they are valid concerns or not...that would be up to each individual case. I am sure a number of them are.

But I think the College Network is getting a bad rap here because people are searching for info about the college network and often entering in negative search terms when they are finding this site.

That tells me that we are getting an extremely disproportionate number of visitors coming here with opinions that are already negative about the college network whereas people who are HAPPY with the College Network are not going to go out searching for a forum to sing their praises. They just go on about their business.

This opinion also comes from my experience with our reviews section. Happy Travel Nurses rarely go to the reviews to write something good about their employer unless they are asked to. But pissed off nurses who are looking to complain will seek out an avenue to do so.

I would say that if there is a disproportionate number of complaints for one company versus all of the others, then there is likely a problem. I can't say that in this case because The College Network is really the only one being discussed.

Also, if you look in our reviews section, (and many OLD OLD reviews have been removed because they are no longer relevant after so many years) you'll see more negative reviews for the BIGGER companies because they've got WAY more employees. They may also be bad companies, but it's hard to really tell.

I would like to hear from students/nurses who have had GOOD experiences with the college network to get their side of the story.
    I'll answer this with some trepidation for two reasons. 1. My daughter got her RN in New York through the College Network. 2. I have since become a TCN program advisor. I don't want to take on the world here, but I wouldn't have started working for them if my daughter's experience had been anything less than positive.
    I read this and other threads before deciding to respond with just a couple of thoughts.
    They ALWAYS tell you it might be 6 months before you get your clinical appointment. It almost never is. I told my daughter to sign up for ALL the test sites (including Wisconsin and Dallas). She was going to get at least a $10 an hour raise (2 year LPN). That's a $10,000 raise over 6 months. You can afford to travel for that kind of money. First opening came up a week later. 3 hours away. $200 for a motel and some gas. Not anything TCN has any control over anyway.
    The most honest statement on one of the threads was 'College Network books for sale. Never opened'. Besiders being illegal, that's the one way TCN doesn't work. There's academic support. Guaranteed passage. And the refund policy is like marriage. If there's no committment at the beginning it's probably not going to be a long term deal anyway.
    Again, we're biased, because it worked for us and for lots of other people. So if you go looking for free advice, why not get it from people who've been successful in your state?
    Sorry. I got up there on my soapbox for a minute.

Ricu

Re: Avoid the College Network!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Mr B View Post
    I'll answer this with some trepidation for two reasons. 1. My daughter got her RN in New York through the College Network. 2. I have since become a TCN program advisor. I don't want to take on the world here, but I wouldn't have started working for them if my daughter's experience had been anything less than positive.
    I read this and other threads before deciding to respond with just a couple of thoughts.
    They ALWAYS tell you it might be 6 months before you get your clinical appointment. It almost never is. I told my daughter to sign up for ALL the test sites (including Wisconsin and Dallas). She was going to get at least a $10 an hour raise (2 year LPN). That's a $10,000 raise over 6 months. You can afford to travel for that kind of money. First opening came up a week later. 3 hours away. $200 for a motel and some gas. Not anything TCN has any control over anyway.
    The most honest statement on one of the threads was 'College Network books for sale. Never opened'. Besiders being illegal, that's the one way TCN doesn't work. There's academic support. Guaranteed passage. And the refund policy is like marriage. If there's no committment at the beginning it's probably not going to be a long term deal anyway.
    Again, we're biased, because it worked for us and for lots of other people. So if you go looking for free advice, why not get it from people who've been successful in your state?
    Sorry. I got up there on my soapbox for a minute.

Hi "Old Mr. B"

Please allow me to clarify this point again because it's been awhile since the subject came up. Your statement alludes to the idea that TCN is essential for the completion of a nursing program. While many seem to have found it helpful, it is not required.

Thanks,

R

Well, TCN dropped the ball...........I stopped paying them and now my credit is in shambles. Their collection agency wants $2400 up front to settle. I'm gonna just call CNN and go public with it, my credit might be screwed because of them but so will their reputation of being fraudulent and taking advantage of those who wish to pursue their nursing career. Everyone I will keep you posted about how this pans out. Take care & be well.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Thank you for providing your update, pmedic2rn. PLEASE keep us posted!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789