Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Avoid the College Network!

Ricu

Re: Avoid the College Network!

Quote Originally Posted by pmedic2rn View Post
    Ok, you asked and here it is. My objective opinion/review of The College Network. The College Netowkr and its study material is horrible, disgusting, undesirable and inexplicable. I feel like I have been conned. I studied for an exam, which is Nursing: Health Safety and I failed the exam. Now, I'm a pretty smart person and I dont believe in failing exams and have past numerous exams before. The college network makes up their own material, which is not approved by Excelsior college (After seeing my grade, I went postal) evidenced by my lengthy phone call to Excelsior College. Excelsior told me that I shouldnot use The College Networks material and that I should use their recommended literature for any of their exams. Thats my new game plan, I have ordered about $600 of books from Excelsior. When I was taking the exam, I was being asked material that I had never seen before a day in my life. Excelsior, was empathetic with me and explained that this is happening frequently and that I am not to be blamed but it was rather my lack of proper knowledge due to studying the inappropriate material provided by The college network. And to reiterate: EXCELSIOR COLLEGE HOLDS NO AFFILIATION WITH THE COLLEGE NETWORK. THE COLLEGE NETWORK ONLY SERVES AS AN INTERMEDIARY AND IS IN NO WAY RELATED TO, MERGED WITH, AFFILIATED WITH EXCELSIOR COLLEGE. Therefore any literature that is provided by The college network to study for any Excelsior College exam is faulty and to be used at the consumers'/subscribers' own risk and is NOT, I repeat not supported/endorsed or approved of by Excelsior College. Now that I've been subjective, its time to be objective. Yes the college network is a load of horse maneur but going to a community or private college and paying out of pocket is twice as much if not more expensive. I am seeking some legal recourse in cancelling my contract with The college network, if unsuccessful I will sell their questionable literature on eBay.
    Hey Pmedic,

Wow, what a painful update. I'm sorry it worked out this way for you but it sounds like you have a good game plan. I'm sure you're more than a little gun-shy now when it comes to advice, but before you spend more on textbooks, check into what is available for loan through your hospital library. You may not know that I'm a graduate from Regent's College which is now Excelsior University, so I do have first hand experience with their program. I was able to save a fortune this way and what you can't borrow may be available from Barnes & Noble or Amazon. Don't hesitate to buy or use a prior edition of a textbook either.

Good luck and please keep us in the loop,

R

Thanks, Ricu. The college network bottom line is providing inaccurate study material, a few of my colleagues also concurred with me. I will be trying to find every and all ways to circumvent the college network. Its unbelievable what they are getting away with, I feel as if I'm starting from scratch.

Ricu

Thanks, Ricu. The college network bottom line is providing inaccurate study material, a few of my colleagues also concurred with me. I will be trying to find every and all ways to circumvent the college network. Its unbelievable what they are getting away with, I feel as if I'm starting from scratch.

I understand. Many people have said the same thing about "adjunctive study guides." Hopefully you won't feel too discouraged and will be able to cruise right along into those upcoming tests. The Excelsior guides are very specific so you should do well.

The College Network has a very compelling ad which focuses on the student's test anxiety so no wonder their business thrives and maybe some students do succeed with them. I can't help but wonder if those students do well because they use the Excelsior guides AND the ones they buy from TCN in effect, study twice. The important thing is that you have the right study material now and your energy can be focused on completing your nursing degree.

I know You feel bad right now about your experience with this company but maybe some good can come of it. Now and then you will read here about TCN so feel free to fire off a message and share your story. Saving someone else a lot of trouble or identifying with those who have been burnt might somehow make it better.

It may sound trite but we're all in this nursing thing together and we watch each others' backs.

Keep in touch,

R

Quote Originally Posted by marysmith View Post
    I agree. Everyone who hasn't already been ripped off, needs to avoid The College Network. Rick, I see you post all over the web defending The College Network, how do you sleep at night. I know so many people and have read about many, who are left with a huge debt and nothing to show for it. If you decide to drop out of college, you are not left with the remainder of a 2 or 4 year degree to pay for.You pay for the semester you signed up for. So, why is it when you sign up with The College Network, you pay over $6000 for a few lame binders that have junk info and that's all you get. It should be against the law and I hope someday this type of business is no longer around.
    Mary,

Unfortunately, I am unable to identify you in our system as a College Network customer by name alone, but I am interested in why you are so dissatisfied with our products and/or services. We would be more than willing to have a friendly dialogue with you about any concerns you may have. You may post on here to which I will respond, or you may contact the manager of our Customer Care Unit. Her name is Heather and she can be reached at 1-800-634-1443. Either way it is our hope that you continue to pursue your degree and if there is anything we can do to assist please contact us.

Sincerely,

Rick
    The College Network

Ok, you asked and here it is. My objective opinion/review of The College Network. The College Netowkr and its study material is horrible, disgusting, undesirable and inexplicable. I feel like I have been conned. I studied for an exam, which is Nursing: Health Safety and I failed the exam. Now, I'm a pretty smart person and I dont believe in failing exams and have past numerous exams before. The college network makes up their own material, which is not approved by Excelsior college (After seeing my grade, I went postal) evidenced by my lengthy phone call to Excelsior College. Excelsior told me that I shouldnot use The College Networks material and that I should use their recommended literature for any of their exams. Thats my new game plan, I have ordered about $600 of books from Excelsior. When I was taking the exam, I was being asked material that I had never seen before a day in my life. Excelsior, was empathetic with me and explained that this is happening frequently and that I am not to be blamed but it was rather my lack of proper knowledge due to studying the inappropriate material provided by The college network. And to reiterate: EXCELSIOR COLLEGE HOLDS NO AFFILIATION WITH THE COLLEGE NETWORK. THE COLLEGE NETWORK ONLY SERVES AS AN INTERMEDIARY AND IS IN NO WAY RELATED TO, MERGED WITH, AFFILIATED WITH EXCELSIOR COLLEGE. Therefore any literature that is provided by The college network to study for any Excelsior College exam is faulty and to be used at the consumers'/subscribers' own risk and is NOT, I repeat not supported/endorsed or approved of by Excelsior College. Now that I've been subjective, its time to be objective. Yes the college network is a load of horse maneur but going to a community or private college and paying out of pocket is twice as much if not more expensive. I am seeking some legal recourse in cancelling my contract with The college network, if unsuccessful I will sell their questionable literature on eBay.
    Dear pmedic2rn,

I am sorry and surprised to hear about your experience on the Health Safety exam, especially since you say you had already had success on other exams. You are correct that we are not affiliated with Excelsior, but they have reviewed and deemed our materials to be sound.

Regardless, I would like to help you, but I am unable to locate you in our system at this time. I ask that you either respond to me in this forum or contact the manager of our Customer Care Unit. Her name is Heather and she can be reached at 1-800-634-1443. Tell her that you are calling at my request after posting on ultimatenurse.com and she'll do whatever she can to help you out.

Sincerely,

Rick
    The College Network

Quote Originally Posted by Christiangal View Post
    Let me warn you all, please, AVOID the college network. I joined over 4 years ago and I still don't have my RN. I have been lied to and drained financially. They lie in the seminar. The "study guides" do not prepare you for the tests. I had to buy additional study materials. The college does not endorse them. Once you finally enroll in the college there is a long waiting period for clincial, while you continue to pay annual fees. I wish I had never done this program. Please, take my advice and don't sign up. You'll regret it.
    :frustrated:
    I am more than frustrated; this company needs to reimburse all of us for the time, energy, and money spent on this crap!!! I can't believe all I have went through; I am done with it. I feel like I was set up for failure; Study Guides!! ha!!!!! they suck!!!! the college network is a false hope for all of us trying to raise a family and get our RN!!!

I have mistakes in the college networks books and had to call them!! This is an outrageous program setting people up who are trying to raise a family and further their career!!! i am a 4.0 student; not in this program!!! the study guides do not correlate with excelsior tests!! this is an outrage and I am sorry for anyone who has been TAKEN!!!!!!!!

College Network, How dare you? How dare you come on here and act as if we're stupid. Your materials are not sound and are not endoresed by Excelsior College. I've compared marerial that Excelsior College reccomends that students study and I have looked at the bibliography page in TCN books and they are different. Instead what The College Network does is to use irrelevant and inconsequential material from other sources and not from where the college network recommends. Its wrong. So explain to me now, a student is taking excelsior college nursing exams using the college networks material (which is not supported/endorsed, goes to take the exam and fail. Houston, we've got a problem, so now we troubleshoot. By golly I think I've got it. The student failed the exam, because if improper studying material that differs from that of the college material recommended be studied. In short, for the college network to call their material "sound" is a lie and couldn't be any further from the truth. The proof is there, EVERYONE. Compare the material to be studied from Excelsior Colleges content guide to the bibliography pages of any college network material and you will see that they dont match. TROMYLPN, I do empathize with you as I am a paramedic and I have taken many exams and never failed and was shocked greatly, however we cant blame ourselves for failing nor should anyone else. We are not stupid, retarded or illiterate, its all to be blamed on the college network and their imitation and non-genuine literature.

College Network, How dare you? How dare you come on here and act as if we're stupid. Your materials are not sound and are not endoresed by Excelsior College. I've compared marerial that Excelsior College reccomends that students study and I have looked at the bibliography page in TCN books and they are different. Instead what The College Network does is to use irrelevant and inconsequential material from other sources and not from where the college network recommends. Its wrong. So explain to me now, a student is taking excelsior college nursing exams using the college networks material (which is not supported/endorsed, goes to take the exam and fail. Houston, we've got a problem, so now we troubleshoot. By golly I think I've got it. The student failed the exam, because if improper studying material that differs from that of the college material recommended be studied. In short, for the college network to call their material "sound" is a lie and couldn't be any further from the truth. The proof is there, EVERYONE. Compare the material to be studied from Excelsior Colleges content guide to the bibliography pages of any college network material and you will see that they dont match. TROMYLPN, I do empathize with you as I am a paramedic and I have taken many exams and never failed and was shocked greatly, however we cant blame ourselves for failing nor should anyone else. We are not stupid, retarded or illiterate, its all to be blamed on the college network and their imitation and non-genuine literature.
    Dear pmedic2rn,

I wasn't trying to upset you. I was trying to help you. Also, I did not state that our materials are endorsed by Excelsior. I stated that Excelsior has reviewed our materials and deemed them to be sound and sufficient to pass the exams. For Health Safety we currently have a pass rate of 80%.

I suggested you contact us because sometimes with a few tweeks to your study plan and some assistance with study techniques may be all that is needed to help you be successful on future exam attempts.

tromylpn, I would make the same suggestion to you. Contact our Customer Care Unit and see what they can do to help you out. It is our sincerest hope that we can assist you in earning your degree.

Sincerely,
    Rick
    The College Network

Pass rate of 80% is unbelievable. I had to spend about $700 for book and a next $350 for more books, the books excelsior recommend their students to study before taking the exams. I intend on finding some legal recourse in the matter. Its not right, and not fair....I've to pay $14k for material that cant even help me pass my exams.....UNFAIR. And to all of you, deal directly with Excelsior, and find ways of Clepping your pre-requisite courses without the college network. Or like the rest of us you have a $14k (more or less) debt over your head, and still have to spend more out of pocket.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast