Thread: Hi there, from San Antonio

Hi there, from San Antonio

I'm really enjoying reading the adventures of so many nurses! Almost makes me want to pack my bags and hit the road!!! Regretfully, haven't the energy or the stamina I once had. I would like very much, however, to hear from some psych nurses in the San Antonio area. I've been commuting to a nearby (45 - 55 minute drive from my home in SA) treatment center. This is the first job I've had in psych and am very curious about similar positions closer to home. Would deeply appreciate any info. Thanks!

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: Hi there, from San Antonio

Hi, Serene! Nice to meet you. Hope that you drop by often.

'Cat'

Welcome, I am glad to see someone else from San Antonio. I would try looking into the hospitals close to Shertz. The town recently was ranked the best place to live. Good luck!

Hi...not a psych nurse...pediatrics. I have been submitted for a job or two in SA and hoping to get there by the end of the month. What areas/suburbs are good to rent apartments and which areas are best to stay away from?

Quote Originally Posted by artwife View Post
    Hi...not a psych nurse...pediatrics. I have been submitted for a job or two in SA and hoping to get there by the end of the month. What areas/suburbs are good to rent apartments and which areas are best to stay away from?
    Be careful driving on IH-35 btwn Shertz & Selma. That stretch of road use to be famous for speed traps.

BTW, to all those new to the site... WELCOME!
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

hi ya'll,
    MagRed, I don't think it's as bad along that stretch of 35 like it used to be, maybe I'm just lucky enough to not get stopped as I travel thru there several times a week. Remember how they used to shoot radar out the court house window? Well, that court house is now a Hooters restuarant. I think the court house is now further away from the highway.
    artwife, which hospitals are you looking at? I live near the NE Methodist and I love this part of town simple because the traffic is the lightest I believe than most parts of SA. I believe the Shertz area like texasnurse said is a nice area also. It's not SA per se but it's right here close.
    The northwest is nice to but the traffic near the medical center drives me nuts. There is also some older neighborhoods closer in which are not bad. It really depends mostly where you'll be working. And welcome to San Antone. This is my hometown and I love it. Oh, we have our problems but we are very friendly. (now that I've said that watch some _hole try to prove me wrong ~LOL)
    No, SA is really a great town and has wonderful people. I think you will like it here. Where are you from by the way?