Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: People posing as "nurses"

Wink Re: People posing as "nurses"

Hey!!!
    You mean they don't call them GNs anymore? I worked as a SN, GN & then RN. Where I'm from it doesn't seem to matter if you are a BSN or ADN. I'm just glad to have been able to help for so many years. Others have helped me too. By the way, rnmom, mean that I am an RN & a mom, but my children learned to screen my calls. They figured if it was for Mom, it was the hospital & she would have to leave. I never lived far enough away that someone couldn't find me if I was needed. They even sent the policeman after me in a blizzard & told me just to bring my kids. Wow. Wonder if that still goes on. Lately, since March 2, I was handed DON, yes they still call it that here and I really wish I wasn't. But....maybe I can make it better with a more constant change. Not so:frustrated: ing

Member Extraordinaire

Re: People posing as "nurses"

they still come and get you where I work but won't come and get me...too bad because I live across the state line even though I'm closer then some they come and get they don't want to cross the bridge in the snow ...I've only missed a day because of snow in 15 years.

I'm just the lowly certified surgical tech/certified surgical 1st assistant, in the eys of most you nurses. No posing as a nurse here. I've been doing this 25 yrs and NEVER wanted to be the runner in the OR. I've had my taste of playing circulator back in the day when techs could circulate and have the nurse sign off the chart. NO THANK YOU. Kudos to you guys. I want to be at the sterile field where the action is!

Same goes here with ppl stating they're a CST or CFA when they aren't. I doubt most nurses or techs could pass the college level program for 1st Assist and the National Exam.

I seriously doubt that anyone had any ill intent or was trying to pose as something they aren't.

Ready to retire here, anyway! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Quote Originally Posted by sassyscrub View Post
    I'm just the lowly certified surgical tech/certified surgical 1st assistant, in the eys of most you nurses. No posing as a nurse here. I've been doing this 25 yrs and NEVER wanted to be the runner in the OR. I've had my taste of playing circulator back in the day when techs could circulate and have the nurse sign off the chart. NO THANK YOU. Kudos to you guys. I want to be at the sterile field where the action is!

Same goes here with ppl stating they're a CST or CFA when they aren't. I doubt most nurses or techs could pass the college level program for 1st Assist and the National Exam.

I seriously doubt that anyone had any ill intent or was trying to pose as something they aren't.

Ready to retire here, anyway! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    True, some may not have any ill intent, but there are a few who ruin it for others.

Member Extraordinaire

some of my best friends I work with are CST and I'm glad they have the C....it's required within 6 mos of hire to get the C. There are some nearby hospitals that just pull people off the street and show them what to do "kind of" and they assist...scary stuff... I don't mind circulating especially when the unit is over busy (labor and delivery) when I circulate I only have that one little old pt to take care of it keeps me tied up for a couple of hours (OR and PACU time)
    I try to pose as a beach bum and will get it down right soon

I tried to pose as a patient once; back when I broke my neck, it was the worst experience I ever had.
    "BECAUSE I SAID SO" IS NOT A GOOD ENOUGH REASON.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Quote Originally Posted by orionseal View Post
    I tried to pose as a patient once; back when I broke my neck, it was the worst experience I ever had.
    Sorry, but I had to laugh at this post, orion.....we do make the worst patients.

I'm just the lowly certified surgical tech/certified surgical 1st assistant, in the eys of most you nurses.
    Nothing is lowly.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][U][B]Marie[/B][/U], RN in O.R, pursuing BSN, semester [U]?[/U] of [U]?[/U]:)[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B]Supposedly 8 out of 10 people suffer from hemorrhoids. Does that mean that the other 2 people [I]enjoy[/I] them???:confused:[/B][/FONT]
    [B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT][/B]
    [B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]My little peapod has arrived :).[/FONT][/B]

justatraveler

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaWIRN View Post
    I agree, Tom- I don't think that anyone should be putting RN after their name if they are not yet an RN- it is misleading.
    What if their initials are RN?

Quote Originally Posted by justatraveler View Post
    What if their initials are RN?

Let's think about this for a second, why would you put your own initials right after your name?:confused:
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][U][B]Marie[/B][/U], RN in O.R, pursuing BSN, semester [U]?[/U] of [U]?[/U]:)[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B]Supposedly 8 out of 10 people suffer from hemorrhoids. Does that mean that the other 2 people [I]enjoy[/I] them???:confused:[/B][/FONT]
    [B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT][/B]
    [B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]My little peapod has arrived :).[/FONT][/B]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast